Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Albuquerque, NM, USA
Most inconveniently, I had this issue crop up when i actually needed my camera to complete some of my homework.

It seems to me the trouble started when I plugged into my win7 laptop and tried to use the pc-suite. It renamed my phone to "N900" and MyDocs now shows up in the file manager under that name.

I tried a reflash and camera didn't work. I then noticed that bluetooth had stopped working too, and I couldn't rename the device through the bluetooth settings or activate it. Bluetooth symptoms are as described in this thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=65310

I reflashed again, and then also reflashed the emmc. Still couldn't get cameras or bluetooth working.

I installed fcam and blessn900. Not working.

I removed fcam and bless900. Still not working.

any ideas? I'm really confused and concerned that these problems are persisting through reflashes. I hope my hardware's not borked.

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Albuquerque, NM, USA
Cameras mysteriously started working again a couple days ago. No idea what fixed it. Bluetooth still KO'ed.

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Venezuela
Just to say that I'd solve the problem by uninstalling Bless900 and Fcam (don't forget reboot) good look

N900 rewrite EMMC and ROM, the camera still can not start

Deinstallation

Do not try to deinstall the package in Application Manager! It does not work.

For all kernels the safest method for deinstallation is the following:

make sure you have a working Internet connection (and possibly wait a little bit until the updates are downloaded)
make sure the package rootsh (Section system) is installed
close Application manager
execute the following in X-Terminal

sudo gainroot
apt-get install --reinstall -y kernel kernel-flasher

if it finishes successfully (with "SIGTERM received" and "Image flashed successfully" messages) then you can continue with

apt-get remove -y kernel-power kernel-power-modules

after successful deinstallation the command:

ls -l /lib/modules/current

should show:

... /lib/modules/current -> 2.6.28-omap1

aftr ths step i reboot my cell bt i gt stuck my cell reboot all d time n shw only nokia name plss help mee wht shld i do

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by preflex View Post
I installed fcam and blessn900. Not working. I removed fcam and bless900. Still not working.
That is weird: just like hdellasala says, i solved the problem in a few hours after installing fcam_drivers and blessn900 on my kernel-power48. When i did
sudo dpkg -r blessn900
sudo dpkg -r fcam_drivers
then my camera worked normally. Now i'm not sure that kernel-power48 can work together with blessn900 or that we have another problem.

@ max_kamdi: i'm not sure what you want to achieve with all that?

The Following User Says Thank You to rogierrr For This Useful Post:
Thansk for nice information luke..

Bloody N900...

I just suffered the 'Operation Failed' message so jumped on here and found this thread.

I uninstalled all the fcam applications and rebooting still didn't get it to work, so I was considering installing BlessN900 to see if that worked.

I enabled the extras-devel catalogue to try and get Bless, got bored waiting for the catalogues to update, got distracted by something else, came back 5 minutes later and thought I would check one more time to see if the camera was working.

It was!

Stupid thing... LoL

sir my n900 camera nt working it shw only black screen n camera options.. plz help me out..

when i used dmesg command on xterminal its shws my cam_shutter is open , hw to closed the shutter ??

Tags
bada 4 gays, bada rox