Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Fort Lauderdale, FL
Kevven's suggestion works!

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!
Reason: Failed write error at some point when connected via USB and transferring files.
Solution: Run a checkdisk from your computer.

1. Connect your N900 via USB in MASS STORAGE MODE
2. Open My Computer (in Windows)
3. Right click on either the N900 drive icon or the MICROSD card icon (whichever save directory is causing camera error)
4. Click Properties
5. Click the Tools tab on the top
6. Click Check Now under Error-Checking
7. Make sure 'Automatically fix file system errors' is checked ('Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors' checkbox recommended, but not necessary)
8. Click Start

This has nothing to do with Kernels that are riddled with errors or FCam/BlessN900 applications that install bad drivers.

Last edited by Jeromeo; 2011-05-28 at 17:12. Reason: Adding more information

The Following User Says Thank You to Jeromeo For This Useful Post:
i've tried that didn't work. Error checking first.

I have tried all the so called solutions to this problem decribed in this post...

All failed

I have discovered the REAL reason for these problems....
(after Nokia replaced my phone and it still didn't work, I tried my girlfriends SD card which was the same as mine, with no success. I decided to try a different card).

You need class 6 micro SD card....

I was using a 16GB card and I could not use the camera in the save to SD card mode.... I also could not watch 350MB xvid videos on the card. Internal Memory worked fine....

I swapped it for a brand new Class 6 8GB card and it WORKS PERFECTLY

I am going to try a new class 10 16GB card as soon as I can afford it.... or wait for a 32GB class ten when available...

Will post my results.....

Last edited by BenjaminAU; 2010-06-20 at 04:51.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Curacao, Netherlands Antilles
Originally Posted by Kevven View Post
Well the 32gb really has nothing to do with the storage that stores the N900 internal workings. That partition is called eMMC if i recall right. So formatting the 32gb drive does nothing but clean it. It pops up after a format just like before. At least it did when i tested it.

Only thing i noticed was that the icon for the device when connected to the pc was gone. It was replaced with one of those genereal removeable disc icons found in windows.

But im 99% sure that a format of the 32gb storage will solve your problem
lol man thank you for thiss cuz I wasn't sure myself neither if this would work but it does and now my cam is working again..!!!

I had the same experience with the camera AFTER installing the kernel-powerv40 by titan and i have to say it has unearthed a lot of compatibiliy issues when it comes to camera based applications.

what i opted to do was install "Desktop Command Execution Widget" or DCEW to automate the process of entering a series of commands in the Xterm to play around with the CPU clock while kernel-powerv40 was installed.

I had a few accessible DCEWidgets on one of my desktops so i can just tap on one to change the CPU clock and voltage. One is loading the ideal kernel to overclock, one is to underclock (when just playing music), one is to maximum overclock (1.1GHz) and the other is loading the default clock speed (600MHz).

When taking pictures or video recording, overclocked kernels tend to produce the error Operation failed on FCAM and the built in camera app. (not 100% sure but it does in mine)

Whenever i record a video, i tap on the widget that loads the default speed clock and i could record for more than 10 minutes. when it is ovrclocked though, 1 minute into the recordng and it stops with the operation failed error...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to altorn For This Useful Post:
Are there any more tries?
I did all bellow:
1. Disk check
2. Disk Format
3. Nokia Software Update
4. Reflashed the device

Miine worked well after the software update but in 20 minutes it started again.
No hope for my n900???

Hello

I had the same problem after installing the fcam application and here is what worked for me.
1. Uninstall fcam application
2. Install the Blessn900 application
3. Restart

Hope that works for you

The Following User Says Thank You to anla For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kevven View Post
Well the 32gb really has nothing to do with the storage that stores the N900 internal workings. That partition is called eMMC if i recall right. So formatting the 32gb drive does nothing but clean it. It pops up after a format just like before. At least it did when i tested it.

Only thing i noticed was that the icon for the device when connected to the pc was gone. It was replaced with one of those genereal removeable disc icons found in windows.

But im 99% sure that a format of the 32gb storage will solve your problem
i formatted the mass storage but still my memory is corupted

Originally Posted by altorn View Post
I had the same experience with the camera AFTER installing the kernel-powerv40 by titan and i have to say it has unearthed a lot of compatibiliy issues when it comes to camera based applications.

what i opted to do was install "Desktop Command Execution Widget" or DCEW to automate the process of entering a series of commands in the Xterm to play around with the CPU clock while kernel-powerv40 was installed.

I had a few accessible DCEWidgets on one of my desktops so i can just tap on one to change the CPU clock and voltage. One is loading the ideal kernel to overclock, one is to underclock (when just playing music), one is to maximum overclock (1.1GHz) and the other is loading the default clock speed (600MHz).

When taking pictures or video recording, overclocked kernels tend to produce the error Operation failed on FCAM and the built in camera app. (not 100% sure but it does in mine)

Whenever i record a video, i tap on the widget that loads the default speed clock and i could record for more than 10 minutes. when it is ovrclocked though, 1 minute into the recordng and it stops with the operation failed error...
I just overclocked my n900 yesterday and now I have this operation failed problem. I know it was related to my over clocking but is there any other fix or should I just return my phone to the normal speeds?

I don't want to have to change any settings everytime I attempt to use he camera and would rather have it quick and easy.

ALi

Wait for titan to fix the kernel.
I've got the same problem since installing a titan kernel >42.

Tags
bada 4 gays, bada rox