Active Topics

Hello everyone. I've got a problem with Nitdroid.
I installed everything properly, using N12 Umay and update for it. I used nitdroid kernel 06 final. Nitdroid loaded, everything was cool, but suddenly random reboots occurred (on nitdroid).
I tried different kernels and different versions of nitdroid. Only 07_rc3 and 06 final worked without kernel panic on boot.
But sometimes I can't load maemo kernel Reflashing kernel works for it.
I made 4 configs for multiboot: kernel power 50, nokia kernel, nitdroid 06 final and 07 rc3.
Still random reboots on nitdroid, especially when installing apps from market.
Anyone had this problem before? And how to fix it?
Thanks.

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by degle View Post
Hello everyone. I've got a problem with Nitdroid.
I installed everything properly, using N12 Umay and update for it. I used nitdroid kernel 06 final. Nitdroid loaded, everything was cool, but suddenly random reboots occurred (on nitdroid).
I tried different kernels and different versions of nitdroid. Only 07_rc3 and 06 final worked without kernel panic on boot.
But sometimes I can't load maemo kernel Reflashing kernel works for it.
I made 4 configs for multiboot: kernel power 50, nokia kernel, nitdroid 06 final and 07 rc3.
Still random reboots on nitdroid, especially when installing apps from market.
Anyone had this problem before? And how to fix it?
Thanks.
My Friend,

Have you tried visiting the NITDroid Thread? I'm not an expert but, it said that the default clock settings of NITDroid are up to 1150MHz. You may want to check on that thread, and try to install "setcpu" then set your maximum clock lower, perhaps 850MHz.

What was your install method? Was it the easy install method (i.e. push-a-single-button to install via the NITDroid Installer)? If so, I noticed that the auto-installer makes use (or tries to look for) version Only 07_rc6 kernel. So I'm guessing you tried to do some manual work, looking at your setup.

Let's try to eliminate the variables by installing it clean (i.e. let the auto-installer do its thing), then try NITDroid and setting the CPU clock lower, then monitor if the random reboots will happen. At this point don't make any manual modifications yet (i.e. adding other kernel versions). By the way, NITDroid auto-installer will also automatically install Multiboot, as well as the Multiboot option for the stock kernel and the latest power kernel (v50 - I'm assuming you have enabled/added extras-testing and extras-devel). So after re-flashing, just go with the auto-install and see from there.

I manually installed multiboot and extracted nitdroid tars on SD Card. Then i installed kernel for it.

Now I added power.conf to /system/etc/ and testing it out. Thanks for your help

Last edited by degle; 2012-04-07 at 10:37.

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by degle View Post
I manually installed multiboot and extracted nitdroid tars on SD Card. Then i installed kernel for it.

Now I added power.conf to /system/etc/ and testing it out. Thanks for your help
No problem. I used to do that kind of thing too (manual install of different kernel versions and making them visible on the Boot screen)...I used to have Kernel Power 46wl1 (wireless packet injection), Kernel Power 46, Kernel Power 47, Stock Kernel, and NITDroid. I was able to somehow document the steps but they were in my native language (I'm from the Philippines), because I am also helping out in a local forum/thread from where I am.

Okay! I found working solution.
First install multiboot and kernel-power-bootimg (if u need kernel power to be bootable). Install NitDroid to ur SD Card. Then nitdroid kernel. Create /and/system/etc/power.conf with one of examples. They are in the same directory. Reboot and there u have it!