Active Topics

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Seeing sjgadsby pushing bugzilla, I figured it might be time to give a little shout out to #maemo over on Freenode, maemo's semi-official IRC channel.

There's lots and lots of fun stuff going down there (a lot of stuff that you wont see here on itT), so be sure to check it out!

#maemo on Freenode

LinuxMacmaemoWindows
On a related note, do you think we could ever convince Reggie to turn off the stupid auto-censoring and turn it into user setting. :\

Last edited by GeneralAntilles; 2008-06-26 at 23:05. Reason: Forgot the most important platform

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Pidgin works well on the tablet for IRC, with the proper client installed of course. Are there any other methods to access IRC on the tablets?

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Pidgin works well on the tablet for IRC, with the proper client installed of course. Are there any other methods to access IRC on the tablets?
There is a port of ВitсhX.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I think there is a version of Xchat that I have used, but don't have installed right now.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I think there is a version of Xchat that I have used, but don't have installed right now.
There is (I added all the relevant maemo clients to the first post). I actually have a bind for since it gets asked about so much on #maemo (!xchat expands to the URL).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by fms View Post
There is a port of ВitсhX.
LOL... I forgot about that. Did you see the thread?

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
I'm a drama queen. Sorry, I'd had a bit of a bad day at school. Now, today I'm happy because of teachers striking, it means I can stay at home today .

I like #maemo. The people are great , I joined a month or two ago and it's fun .

But instead of listing clients in alphabetical order, why not do it by features or something?
X-Chat is definitely the best IMHO. Pidgin and *****X a joint second IMHO.

Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
But instead of listing clients in alphabetical order, why not do it by features or something?
A. I was trying to avoid any client flamewars, and B. I didn't have anything useful to contribute for Linux and Windows client ranking.

But, sure, if you want. X-Chat is definitely the way to go. The other GUI clients on maemo pretty much suck and the console stuff is kind of a pain to use without a full keyboard.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
A. I was trying to avoid any client flamewars, and B. I didn't have anything useful to contribute for Linux and Windows client ranking.

But, sure, if you want. X-Chat is definitely the way to go. The other GUI clients on maemo pretty much suck and the console stuff is kind of a pain to use without a full keyboard.
Good reasoning. But people seriously have flamewars over irc clients?

Indeed, Irssi also likes to segfault from time to time too.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Also it may be good to mention that for those who cannot afford hanging on irc all day there is searchable archive here http://mg.pov.lt/maemo-irclog/latest.log.html

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.