Active Topics

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by johnkzin View Post
If there's one thing Apple _does_ know, and consistently get right (at least, since Jobs' return), it's physical design of their devices.
Hockey puck mouse.

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Hockey puck mouse.
Maybe I'm odd, but I liked the hockey puck mouse.

Originally Posted by smman View Post
Is wi-fi working in the osx?
yes wifi and everthing else works including sleep.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
...I liked the hockey puck mouse.
Even the early, non-dimpled version?

Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Even the early, non-dimpled version?
Yup. Always worked fine for me.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
re: App Store

If it's based on full/desktop OS X, I don't see how they'd be able to stop people from installing random OS X apps.
It's simple, they won't. If they were to go to this route... then it would be basically a way to further the iTunes Music Store and not stop people from buying Adobe Creative Suite from Adobe.com and installing it on their own.

That's my take. I personally wouldn't care for it. Perhaps some of the more obscure apps that I've never heard of... it could cause my interest in some things. But not my major app purchases.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
That's my take. I personally wouldn't care for it. Perhaps some of the more obscure apps that I've never heard of... it could cause my interest in some things. But not my major app purchases.
I'm the opposite. While I might be able to live with a Giant iPod Touch ... I don't want one. I want a Macintosh Tablet in the 9" or 10" screen size, with a hybrid GUI (able to run desktop OS X apps, with at most a recompile due to possible CPU differences; but also natively working with a GUI that is more finger optimized, and possibly able to run iPhone apps via some compatibility layer).

If it's a Giant iPod Touch, I'll just stick with plans to buy the AI Touchbook, and run either their native linux, android, mer, or ubuntu-arm.

I've stated it elsewhere. I don't want a giant iPod either. When the rumors started to say that it was going to run the iPod Touch/iPhone OS... I was instantly disinterested because I already have a disdain for the inability to true multi-task.

Apps like Fring just plan suck with the Push notifications and once you go back to that app on the iPhone, it hangs for a moment because it has to log back in, get the message, suppress the pop up, and then allow you to log back in so you can type.

On one day, it took it 1.5 minutes. I touched a button and switched on my N800 to Fring in a moment.

With that said... iTunes hasn't stopped me from putting music on my Mac. iTunes for apps won't stop me from buying apps outside of it either on my Mac.

I think I misread what you were saying, then.

I seriously don't think you see my agreement.

I can't make that **** any clearer.

Tags
apple, concept, tablet