Has anyone here had to send in their N770 / N800 for repair? Mine broke down after several weeks of use at the end of January; I sent it for repair, which was delayed for a couple of days because my warranty information was not processed properly by Nokia (bad, Nokia, bad!) -- even now they claimed the device is not registered.

The company they outsourced servicing to accepted that the device is still within its warranty period, but after about three weeks it apparently is still waiting for parts from Nokia. Are they really selling *that* well? When I had to service my iBook it came back within a week of me sending it in.

--
Michel

My repair job took Nokia six weeks. Sent it in at the beginning of October and got it back mid-November. Not so great, since there was no word of what was going on via email or via the Nokia repair status thing on the website. On the plus side, they replaced a smashed screen (the most expensive component) at no charge even though it was obviously not manufactured smashed.

Mine took half of July, so about 2 weeks. Not to bad in my opinion

i sent my 770 in on dec 4th or 5th, 2006. nokia's support is excruciatingly terrible.

tell me if this makes any sense to you:

02/23/2007 Received
02/14/2007 Shipped Transfered
01/12/2007 Repair in Progress
12/12/2006 Awaiting Parts
12/11/2006 Received

waiting for parts, one month later...repair in progress, one month later..sent somewhere else? i called them to see why it said received on the 11th when fedex said it was on the 6th, and they said its because they had to send it to another facility...so its at its third location now.

im seriously starting to think theyre going to keep this up until august when my warranty runs out..

seriously...this support is god awful.

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Eureka, CA
search for wsod repair. after 30 days i was given $240 for my 8 month old 770. not great, but better than nothing.

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Helsinki, Finland
I spoke to a Nokia friend here. The N800 is selling ok. Could always be better, but she did say that this could contribute to the delays. With a repair, she said that you could speak directly to the service manager if possible and explain that this is your only communication device, etc..... and this might help a bit in getting a faster turn around.

Last edited by sapporobaby; 2007-02-28 at 14:47.

Posts: 165 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Boston MA USA
Originally Posted by sapporobaby View Post
With a repair, she said that you could speak directly to the service manager if possible and explain that this is your only communication device, etc..... and this might help a bit in getting a faster turn around.
And you believed that line? Sorry, no offense intended, but I must say your friend is sadly out of touch with the real life experience of people waiting weeks and months with no resolution. The following is only one such thread:

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ead.php?t=4928

Originally Posted by jpj View Post
And you believed that line? Sorry, no offense intended, but I must say your friend is sadly out of touch with the real life experience of people waiting weeks and months with no resolution. The following is only one such thread:

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ead.php?t=4928

She could be but she works at the store in Helsinki and told me this. Could she be pulling my leg? Maybe, but hey, it is worth a try. Sometimes you get more flies with sugar and poop.

The Following User Says Thank You to sapporobaby For This Useful Post:
Addendum: This could be a difference between Nokia Finland and Nokia USA. Not sure but either way the times are a bit ridiculous.

Originally Posted by mattsqz View Post
i sent my 770 in on dec 4th or 5th, 2006. nokia's support is excruciatingly terrible.

tell me if this makes any sense to you:

02/23/2007 Received
02/14/2007 Shipped Transfered
01/12/2007 Repair in Progress
12/12/2006 Awaiting Parts
12/11/2006 Received
I'm probably not going to get it back for at least another month then .. *sigh*. The N770 is not even new at that point! At least you have the tracking page up; mine erroneously insists that my device is "out of warranty", so I have to periodically call them up and check what the current status is.

Thanks for the replies. It does not sound good for Nokia, but there's nothing like shared (bad) experience -- at least now I know it's nothing to do with my tablet specifically.