Originally Posted by unfuccwittable View Post
Leave it to clowns like you to take fringe, rare cases and treat them as the norm. I have nothing more to say on the subject other than that your experience is the EXCEPTION and NOT THE RULE. Obviously, you've dealt with this in the past and have become extremely butthurt over the situation. Enjoy carrying that torch from 3 years ago though, I'm sure someone will stop and notice you soon.

cheers, mate.

Nice way of living up to my proposed thread title. Actually no, I haven't had this problem in the past personally but I did install it for people who did when the product codes were leaked to the general public. who said anything about being the norm? but not really an exception at all and if it is it's a very pertinent exception considering that it's the same type of device, the same company, and we have a report from the swiss site about region differences.

I'm not even saying it's true but I found your insult aimed at the other user for giving an example where there is a charge for a language pack to be so hypocritical when you instead were trying to compare it to charging for ice at a restaurant. Yeah I guess the comparison to charging for ice at a restaurant is far more pertinent in your head.

Also, an exception is a little different from what you said before in all caps while insulting others

NEVER IN THE HISTORY OF CELL PHONES HAVE USERS EVER HAD TO PAY FOR THEIR SPECIFIC LANGUAGE.

Last edited by Cue; 2011-09-03 at 10:14.

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
it's saturday, hangover is in, and i think i'm still a little drunk but come one guys, put the passion into something worthwhile like women or alcohol and women

too many people are getting caught up in rumours and hearsay on what nokia or elop is doing or going to do or not doing. nobody knows (except those in nokia high up) what support the N9 will get, we can guess or assume. we don't know what they are going to do. yes we can try forecast it but to what end? i don't remember this level of forecasting on the 3210!! i don't remember people questioning if it's going to be supported for 10 years! feck me, i don't usually have a phone that i care about that much for more then 2 because there'll be something better out at that stage i'll be interested in. it's a company, not your mum.

anyone know from experience how expansys are on deliveries to ireland or in general? and if they are decent or richard heads on returns policy. had one place that insisted on the plastic wrap and the celotape be included on the return before.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to smegheadz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by smegheadz View Post
it's saturday, hangover is in, and i think i'm still a little drunk but come one guys, put the passion into something worthwhile like women or alcohol and women

too many people are getting caught up in rumours and hearsay on what nokia or elop is doing or going to do or not doing. nobody knows (except those in nokia high up) what support the N9 will get, we can guess or assume. we don't know what they are going to do. yes we can try forecast it but to what end? i don't remember this level of forecasting on the 3210!! i don't remember people questioning if it's going to be supported for 10 years! feck me, i don't usually have a phone that i care about that much for more then 2 because there'll be something better out at that stage i'll be interested in. it's a company, not your mum.

anyone know from experience how expansys are on deliveries to ireland or in general? and if they are decent or richard heads on returns policy. had one place that insisted on the plastic wrap and the celotape be included on the return before.
I ordered my Samsung Q1 from expansys (in the UK) years ago and they were generally quite good and well organized. Never had to return anything so I wouldn't know about that.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:
Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
well thats why they need big hw companys like Nokia. Nokia has ALOT patent that .may very well scare away HTC and samsung from Google Android.

Android is now doomed also :/ generaly people are stupid, they go where the media say them to go. and they will buy WPx phones with help of MrFlops Nokia.

some years ago techmedia hyped Iphone then came android and it got techmedias attenttion now techmedia has raised intrests in wp.

MicroNokia real brainwatch will soon start
Both Nokia and MS are irrelevant in the market right now and nothing shows this will change exept a few posts on nokia and s sites.

Nokia might have patents but have a lot of problems too. MS can't have another failed OS. If they enter a fight against google MS has more to lose since android is already established but if in the war with google win 8 gets hit by on of the 17000 motorola patents then it's game over for the 2 lovers(MS, Nokia)

And I agree that people are stupid, but in this fight that is against MS because stupid users remember that they messed up their PCs and Laptops that had windows on them and they do not want to have that experience on their phones. The name windows is bad publicity for the win phones which will once again fail but will provide us with a good laugh.

The Following User Says Thank You to Zoxir For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Zoxir View Post
Both Nokia and MS are irrelevant in the market right now and nothing shows this will change exept a few posts on nokia and s sites.

Nokia might have patents but have a lot of problems too. MS can't have another failed OS. If they enter a fight against google MS has more to lose since android is already established but if in the war with google win 8 gets hit by on of the 17000 motorola patents then it's game over for the 2 lovers(MS, Nokia)

And I agree that people are stupid, but in this fight that is against MS because stupid users remember that they messed up their PCs and Laptops that had windows on them and they do not want to have that experience on their phones. The name windows is bad publicity for the win phones which will once again fail but will provide us with a good laugh.
what? Windows is the only thing that is actually on the up at MS. It's popular and people have no faults with it on their desktop, it's the reason MS used that brand equity and called it windows phone even though the phone doesn't have any windows or decent multitasking. Desktop computers are down though but MS continue to dominate in market share. If anything Windows Phone is bad publicity for Windows not vice versa.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden

Oh cmon did you ever bother read the article and WATCH the movie?

Those patents from Motorola is just garbage. Motorola has already sold out the best patents to other componys...

I am sorry saying it but it really seems Google is the looser in those patent deals and bussiness wars...

It doesnt help if Android has 200000000000000 apps or people want it. Its big bussiness as usual, evil empire Microsoft has won battles before with help of other companys or raping them and/or by FUD campaigns...

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-09-03 at 11:04.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010

Talk for yourself because i aint had any probelms at all with Windows that i could not get easily over.

At least if you got Windows on a phone you will be able to do 100% more than the N900 could because of lack of support.

Not a 100% fan of M/s but it is the way it is going and you cannot change or get out of that one, so upto you if you want to miss out on another os .

Wait and see, ignorance is for fools.

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
what? Windows is the only thing that is actually on the up at MS. It's popular and people have no faults with it on their desktop, it's the reason MS used that brand equity and called it windows phone even though the phone doesn't have any windows or decent multitasking. Desktop computers are down though but MS continue to dominate in market share. If anything Windows Phone is bad publicity for Windows not vice versa.
Xbox?????

People see windows as a necessary evil on their desktops. How many times have you heard people blaming MS and windows for their own screw ups. Viruses, trojan, dialer, malware, aging system, formating hard drive. Average Goe knows these words from his experience with windows on his desktop and that is why he will avoid the name windows in any device he can.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zoxir For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
WP will be great. All the big ones will push WP, and this will accelerate because they can participate in the ecosystem. Windows Phone is an open ecosystem, not hermetically sealed as Apple or mafia-controlled as Android.

Have patience. I see a great future for WP

Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
WP will be great. All the big ones will push WP, and this will accelerate because they can participate in the ecosystem. Windows Phone is an open ecosystem, not hermetically sealed as Apple or mafia-controlled as Android.

Have patience. I see a great future for WP

If it is so great why is WP losing market share in the US?

The Following User Says Thank You to droitwichgas For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????