Notices

Posts: 212 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on May 2010 @ India
@Blaizzen
thats awesome.as soon as i replaced the html file of you my gps fix was very fast.I dont know why.Indeed you know i was very eager to get voice directions for my maps.Its because most of the times i travel on my bike in India.But when i heard espeak male voice i wanted to revert back.Thank you man.wt you are doing for the community is great.keep up the good work.
@zimon,peterleinchen
Thank you verymuch.just because of the people like you atleast i am trying to learn linux commands

EDIT:I really dont know the reason but time for GPS fix is only seconds.But the real problem is its not showing my position accurately i.e my position is being shown atleast 5 km away.The only way left is flashing it seems

Last edited by udaychaitanya16; 2011-03-10 at 11:26.

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
@udaychaitanya16
Do You have a GPRS internet connection online?
If yes, then the GPS fix is an AGPS approximation, which may be a bit rough. But not 5km, maybe 100-500m. You have to wait a few minutes outside at good weather conditions. Sometimes my N900 also needs some time (but it is the best GPS ever on a phone!).

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by udaychaitanya16 View Post
I really dont know the reason but time for GPS fix is only seconds.But the real problem is its not showing my position accurately i.e my position is being shown atleast 5 km away.The only way left is flashing it seems
have you tried with other locstion applications like GPS-Jinni, modRana, GPSrecorder and rest?

also make sure you have network position enabled in the global settings.

The Following User Says Thank You to zimon For This Useful Post:
Hey.

I checked with a friend's N900 and he had that pfw folder (so i was wrong and did not backup carefully enough; shame on me)j

Here I up the original Nokia html file
and also
complete original Nokia pfw folder.
Both taken from PR1.3

--
the pfw folder was too big, so I had to use 7z. Just remove the last ending (.zip) and deflate with 7z.
Attached Files
File Type: zip pfw.nokia.tar.7z.zip (473.7 KB, 139 views)

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2011-03-12 at 17:33. Reason: retracted the index.html

Posts: 212 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on May 2010 @ India
@peterleinchen,zimon
you are exactly right when you said approximation might be around 500m.And yes i was online via GPRS.Now its behaving as expected.The whole episode taught me how to get the GPS fix fast.Thank you.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Hey.

I checked with a friend's N900 and he had that pfw folder (so i was wrong and did not backup carefully enough; shame on me)j

Here I up the original Nokia html file
and also complete original Nokia pfw folder.
Both taken from PR1.3

--
the pfw folder was too big, so I had to use 7z. Just remove the last ending (.zip) and deflate with 7z.
You do realize that you are not allowed to do that? The code is closed source and sharing it is not allowed. Editing the code is in gray area.

Last edited by rantom; 2011-03-12 at 10:57.

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ indonesia
Originally Posted by rantom View Post
You do realize that you are not allowed to do that? The code is closed source and sharing it is not allowed. Editing the code is in gray area.
really, iam not sure. As far as i know . No pirate are allowed.
If u think so.
Why this thread isnt delete

Originally Posted by rantom View Post
You may be right, as it is stated at the top of the file:
/*
* Copyright (C) 2008, Nokia gate5 GmbH Berlin
* These coded instructions, statements, and computer programs contain
* unpublished proprietary information of Nokia gate5 GmbH, and are
* copy protected by law. They may not be disclosed to third parties
* or copied or duplicated in any form, in whole or in part, without
* the specific, prior written permission of Nokia gate5 GmbH.
*/

But I do not see really a problem to post it here, as this maemo.org forum is foreseen to support all owners of a Nokia Maemo device? And this file is freely accessible in the firmware.
Are You a Nokia member? Then please let me know, if it is okay or not. Until then I will retract that file.

Furthermore I would like the admins to give some feedback on that.

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
One acceptable method I've seen for such files in other forums is to post patch files (with diff). This allows you to edit and distribute changes without distributing the entire file. Just an idea...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
i followed the instructions from the first post to update to the modified ovi maps, my problem is that i cannot see any pois even if i check to see them all.

is there any tutorial to overwrite the attached file from the first post with the pois?