Notices

I'm the developer of this app:

http://store.ovi.com/content/262507

If you want support or would like extra features or even to make something similar for other countries put information here.

The Following User Says Thank You to rash.m2k For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post
I'm the developer of this app:

http://store.ovi.com/content/262507

If you want support or would like extra features or even to make something similar for other countries put information here.
Thanks for developing this.

My feedback:
  • It could do without the in-app advertising given that this is a paid-for application. (I think perhaps a free version should be supported by in-app advertising).
  • Just an observation ,but the application icon is not great. You could use the same blue & red colouring, but use a transport/train-style icon instead such as in the image attached. This image came from istockphoto. However there are other icons that may be more suitable here.

Thanks
Attached Images

Originally Posted by caa View Post
My feedback:
  • It could do without the in-app advertising given that this is a paid-for application. (I think perhaps a free version should be supported by in-app advertising).
  • Just an observation ,but the application icon is not great. You could use the same blue & red colouring, but use a transport/train-style icon instead such as in the image attached.
1. I was thinking whether to include in app advertising or not. Being my first app I wanted to see how the it all worked together so was a little learning experience for me. Maybe future versions I'll remove them for paid ones.

2. Totally agree icon is a bit crap, but I knocked it up using Word and Paint! Happy for people to create an icon for me - I'm terrible at stuff like that. But there's all sorts of commercial things to consider so the icon would need to be licensed over to me (not sure how this works).

I also wanted to get this app done ASAP. I work fulltime so get very little time to do this. Ideally I wanted to make an ebay app for the N9 but getting the XML data binding working in Qt I just couldn't do it. So it's been on the back burner for some time now.

Also probably 50% off my time was spent getting that stupid search bar to work - but it still doesn't work!

I'll be monitoring this thread closely for feedback.

Thanks

FYI the Live traffic disruptions and Live roadside variable message signs will be changing this end of month (29th April).

How many people actually use these? So I can judge how urgent it is....