Active Topics

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oregon, USA
I'm trying to plan a trip to to Gothenburg, SE to see this show

Unfortunately I do not know any Swedish at all, and both the event website and the website for purchasing a ticket is in Swedish. Google translator does not help at all.
Any translation help would be absolutely appreciated, and if you're in the Gothenburg area while I'm visiting, I'd pay you in beers

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
'lo,

You don't need to purchase tickets from their website. The tickets are also being sold on other (English) websites, such as this one.

Make sure to pay using a credit card, in case you have some problem of some sort.

Also, most Swedes speak English almost fluently -- enough to get you by as long as you're over there. No need to learn Swedish

You may want to provide a bit more information as to what kind of information you're after, as I doubt anyone is going to translate everything for you.

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Yeah, most Swedes speak English fluently. So its rather the way around, that its hard to learn fluent everyday Swedish just because "those bastards don't speak Swedish with foreigners".
Well, at least according to a Italian guy I met last summer, that apparently had a hard time with that.

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Helsinki
Google Translate gives a pretty accurate translation.

http://translate.google.com/translat...n&hl=&ie=UTF-8

The "Buy a ticket to Metaltown!" swedish link takes you to eventim.se that sells the tickets: http://www.eventim.se/cgi-bin/tnl.dl...BS&evid=818520

Translated: http://translate.google.com/translat...n&hl=&ie=UTF-8

Edit: that translated ticket sale link doesn't work properly so you need to click on the Metaltown banner, and then click on "Metaltown 2010" down on the page.

Last edited by Beerduck; 2010-03-17 at 12:57.

Originally Posted by CrashandDie View Post
'lo,

You don't need to purchase tickets from their website. The tickets are also being sold on other (English) websites, such as this one.
The tickets on that site are about double what they are on the event website(eventim.se), 1450SEK(200USD) vs € 299(400USD)
That's why I would like to try and purchase them from that site if at all possible

You may want to provide a bit more information as to what kind of information you're after, as I doubt anyone is going to translate everything for you.
Yep you're totally right, I wasn't expecting anyone to translate the entire thing. Most importantly, I'm having trouble figuring out where in Gothenburg the event it at. I keep seeing 'Frihamnspiren', but a google search shows that is a harbor and doesn't appear to be a venue of any sorts. Also if anyone was from that area or familiar with it, could recommend any decent cheap places to stay

That's good to know about English being common over there, thanks for all the information!

Last edited by craftyguy; 2010-03-17 at 16:34.

Posts: 289 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Tampere, Finland
In case you didn't find this yet: Info in English

Originally Posted by jsa View Post
In case you didn't find this yet: Info in English
Thanks, I did find this late last night, and contacted the page webmaster for more information since I could not find the english page to purchase from that is referenced. She replied that they had not put it up yet

It would be so much easier to commit to buying the plane ticket/hotel room if I can find a good price (the one on eventim.se) to get a ticket to this event lol.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by craftyguy View Post

It would be so much easier to commit to buying the plane ticket/hotel room if I can find a good price (the one on eventim.se) to get a ticket to this event lol.
I photshopped guide for you.

Step one
Click Köp biljett till Metaltown (See pick below)

Step two
You have two ticket options. Regular ticket and charity ticket that inlcudes 20SEK given to charity that the organizers of the evnt like. Choose the ticket and amount from the pull down menu and hit Next. (see pick below).

Step three
Choose the international delivery option (post - utrikes). Then register to the site by pushing the Ny kund button. (again check the pic).

Step four
Write your information on the registration page. I have translated the fields in pic below. Hit the next button after you have written everything.

Step five
Now we are at page which shows the options you've taken (ticket&delivery options you chose). You will see total price and below there is a check box that you have to click to confirm your options. Hit Next after you have clicked the box active.

Step six
Now you have to enter payment option. Propably credit card in your case. Fields translated in the pic.

After that there is propably confirmation that your purchase has been registered and recept sent to your email address. (Obviously not eager enough to help by paying roughly 150 euros to find out).

Last edited by Rauha; 2010-03-17 at 18:16.

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Lieto, Finland
You need to install PhotoTranslator from extras devel More information available at:

http://www.cybercomchannel.com/?p=99

Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
I photshopped guide for you.
Wow, that helps out tremendously! Thank you very much
I see there's an option for 'ticket direct', which if google translate serves me well, appears to be a way for me to be able to print the ticket myself instead of paying 130sek for them to mail it internationally. I think i'll give that a shot.

So anyone on these forums planning on attending that event??

Last edited by craftyguy; 2010-03-17 at 18:34.