Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Yup Panaroma at installation has the ability to mess things up but it doesn't do it consistently that is what puzzles me...

I've done 3 re-flashes previously to try to prove it and it corrupted once while didn't disturb things the other 2 times...

The one time where i had a real corruption was quite hard to pick on any app in particular as i had taken the last Panaroma pictures at least 2 weeks before the corruption...

soryuuha, if user-dirs.dirs messes up it leads to path $HOME which is /home/user so isn't it obvious that's why pictures go there

The problem with this file is any app including stock app can corrupt it so its more of guessing instead...

To quote my post from here:

So if someone has time on their hands can try to get a corruption with definitive logs to help...
hi thedead1440...i'm having problems with gallery and locating my contacts on the N9. EverythingN9 tried to help me, but something didn't seem to work. he told me to contact you for further help. will you PLEASE help me?

Last edited by lilise22; 2013-04-16 at 21:47.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by lilise22 View Post
hi thedead1440...i'm having problems with gallery and locating my contacts on the N9. EverythingN9 tried to help me, but something didn't seem to work. he told me to contact you for further help. will you PLEASE help me?
Did you check your /home/user/.config/user-dirs.dirs file for corruption?

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
I updated package in my previous post. I added clean user-dirs.dirs file too and updated script. Just do the step 1 again and run this command as ROOT:
Code:
cp -rf /home/user/MyDocs/Galleryfix /opt

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Did you check your /home/user/.config/user-dirs.dirs file for corruption?
everything seems to resemble the outputs of properly functioning N9's...Desktop to MyDocs, Downloads to Downloads, Pictures to Pictures, etc. tried installing gallerybugx with everythingn9 and we couldn't get it to install...said i needed superuser privileges (?)...any suggestions? pretty please!

Sorry, I again updated my post and package: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=109
Now it should work correctly with user-dirs file. Or wait for N9QT - more easily to install...

do you have gtalk or something of the sort so i can better ask you some questions...sorry but i'm a newbie :/

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Can someone please simplify for me how to go about fixing this problem Step by step please

Last edited by Muzimak; 2013-06-14 at 17:45.

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Gallery Fix also not helping, any got a way out!
How do I remove the gallery fix icon?

Last edited by Muzimak; 2013-06-21 at 11:46.

Ok now fixed, had to do Restore Factory & Clear All, but am still stuck with Gallery Fix Icon, how do I remove it?

how you added it ?

try as root:
Code:
rm -f /usr/share/applications/gallery-fix.desktop

Last edited by Schturman; 2013-06-21 at 16:25.