Posts: 49 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by juhapekka View Post
This also appears in the case when I have shared a Nokia Account between N950 and N9, if I buy an application on other one (for example N950), then I will see the "updates" on the one (for example N9) which does not have it, but in order to install it to the second one I would have to pay for the update. So all in all for it seems that the Ovi Store client on N9 does not handle those things very well.

So I would expect that every paid application which I see in Download History page would be downloadable, but at least for me this is not the case. Neither on PR1.1 or in PR1.2 Beta. I will just see that there is "Update" or I will just see the item and i can just download it as I see just "Buy".
Hmm, that's strange too. I have also multiple Harmattan devices and if using the same Nokia account on them, I can install the once paid application to all of them. So it should work like you were expecting as the download & purchase history is tied to your Nokia account, not to you device. There is definitely some weird Store bug that you are now suffering from! Hopefully your filed bug report will be worked on.

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 188 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Finland
Originally Posted by caco3 View Post
Beside of all, I suggest to post your question at http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...to-Nokia-Store
http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...-free&p=883230

The Following User Says Thank You to juhapekka For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by caco3 View Post
I read somewhere that you can download an app only 5 times before you have to repay it.
I as a publisher would like that people only have to pay once, unless I explicitly want them to repay (i.e. major update). I also often publish minor updates.
If there really is such a limitation, it has to be more that that.

I have published one paid application and I have re-installed it more than 5 times from Ovi Store. While developing some new version, I will of course use Qt Creator to deploy the latest build on my device. However, before submitting the app to Store, I will always remove the development version and install the previous version from the Store and then do the update when it's available for the customers to see that the update really goes smoothly and the released version works for sure. Also because of reflashing the device, I have reinstalled paid applications a couple of times.

I guess the only difference what I have done is that I have changed from Free to Paid the price point and vice versa. So maybe something has gone bad in ovi store because of that.
Ahaa! Could this fact be the root cause here for your explained behaviour? There were actually some warning post on N9 Developer blog recently advising not to change a published Store item from free to non-free, but to create a new item instead:

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...ate-experience

Maybe you should contact Ovi Publishing directly via email?

The Following User Says Thank You to Kallela For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kallela View Post
Ahaa! Could this fact be the root cause here for your explained behaviour?
Maybe this is the case, but still it should not happen. And if this is the case then the price point change from Free <> Paid should not be allowed at all.

Maybe you should contact Ovi Publishing directly via email?
I did also contact them, but as it takes few days to get answers, I wanted to share the frustration and to see if I am alone with this issue. As I think that there is nothing that I can do to fix this, except not to do those free <> paid switching. But still as even those are approved by the Nokia Store QA then they should not allow them if this causes issues :/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juhapekka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
If there really is such a limitation, it has to be more that that.

I have published one paid application and I have re-installed it more than 5 times from Ovi Store. While developing some new version, I will of course use Qt Creator to deploy the latest build on my device. However, before submitting the app to Store, I will always remove the development version and install the previous version from the Store and then do the update when it's available for the customers to see that the update really goes smoothly and the released version works for sure. Also because of reflashing the device, I have reinstalled paid applications a couple of times.
I know the download limit was increased to 10 for Symbian applications. Perhaps this also applies to Harmattan applications. In any case, I agree with the earlier comment that download limits should be abolished. They are a menace and do nothing but cause headaches for both customers and publishers.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
So far I had no problems with updating or redownloading paid content. I only had to pay once, even if installing on another device.
Aborted music downloads could also be finished with Ovi Music. The downloads disappear from the transfer lists, but downloading the missing items doesn't charge again. If you don't trust the N9 client, you can also access Ovi Music via a webbrowser to complete the downloads.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Maybe this is the case, but still it should not happen. And if this is the case then the price point change from Free <> Paid should not be allowed at all.
Yeah, this is definitely a bug in their system and should not happen!

A first contact from publisher support thru email, lets hope that they can at least confirm what is going wrong here.

The Following User Says Thank You to juhapekka For This Useful Post:
"I have seen cases where the pay button has appeared in the N9 store client
instead of the update button as that may confuse end customers by causing them
to think that they are paying for the upgrade. Once they have clicked on the
paid button the update process occurs but no payment is actually processed so
the end user doesn't actually get charged."

"I was able to confirm that the users who left the reviews did not get charged
twice for QAD Internet Radio Recorder (ID:249692) or QAD File Manager
(ID:174900)."

And they still say that they are investigating the store process.. I just wonder if anything will happen to this.
This totally blows..

I updated the open bug as well..
https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=942

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juhapekka For This Useful Post: