PR1.2 came with DLNA on the N9 but I have no idea of how to set it up with my computer or tablet. It would be nice if someone can give instructions so others out there can use them and take advantage of all the awesomeness of N9

If you're using Windows 7, just open the Media Player, browse for your N9 in "Other Libraries", and chose the files you want to play.

Just make sure your N9 is on the same network as your PC. I have no idea what tablet you're using, but it should be the same as long as your tablet has DLNA client capability.

Last edited by BlinkThinks; 2012-03-01 at 02:18.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlinkThinks For This Useful Post:
I have a sony S tablet and I tried that for some reason that N9 doesn't show up in windows media player...

Were there any other settings that you had to use to access the media on N9?

Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
OK, let's check from first principles ... have you switched media sharing on on your N9?

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rotterdam, port to Europe !
I've tried servers and clients, but can't get it to work on GNU/Linux - openSuSE 12.1 - MediaTomb and others progs... etc.

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
It seems the PS3 can't detect the N9 either, N95-8GB could!

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
It seems to work fine from my Sony LED TV for my music and photos.

I am still not able to get the video working. I can see my videos in the N9 Video player, but Sony TV does not detect it.

It would be nice for N9 to search and detect DNLA clients on the network to have a Play-To option in Video/Gallery/Music etc apps.

It is only possible (as far as I can tell) to browse from the client and play contents.

It also pops up GEO map when displaying the photos. I have not figured out how to disable or hide it.

I'm also unable to access to my N9 using DLNA with the Windows media player.

Media sharing is enabled and I can access my N9 by ssh wirelessly, so I'm not sure about where the issue comes from.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Media player worked for me. Can you guys detail the steps you're taking?

I turned on DLNA sharing (all the options). In the media player on windows 7 - hit View and go to Library. At the bottom of the left bar you should see N9. Hit it. It will take a few mins to fetch your N9 media.

Will test the PS3 and report back.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post: