Posts: 176 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Italy
Can we port N9 (or of course N950) OS on our N900?

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9CWB172FmU (1.22)
Found from here.

is that function available on every application? Hopefully so.
If you mean Quick launch then yes it's always available.

Quick launcher at Nokia developers

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kozzi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by Peter@Maemo Marketing View Post
Just for clarification: the whole thing about future disruptions is about what comes after the N9, not the N9 itself. The N9 is very much about world's firsts: all-screen phone, webkit2 browser, 8 MPIX camera with 16:9 wide angle lens, Dolby Headset support...
Hmmmmmmmmm wasn't the N900 with Maemo5 just step 4 out of 5?
So if the N9 isn't step 5, is it step 4.5 or jus 4.1. Sorry for beeing a little harsh. It's not against you but there are always only promises for the future. But with Mr. Elop heading your company, i'm not sure what the future will be.

The UI of your new device looks interesting, that's all.
I miss to many things on the N9 which my N900 have. The only thing what I miss in the N900 is a compass and a little bit more RAM. On the N9 I miss a lot: Hardware Keyboard, exchangeable battery, FM-Transmitter... I miss the real thing on it. It's not a bad phone but i don't see anything special.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nathaneous View Post
Just had a look at the UI hand-ons demo in youtube...it looks nice but lacks the user creativeness feel of the n900? From what i can see, you can no longer customize a set of desktops with widgets etc...?

Can anyone confirm this, because at the moment the phone UI looks like a combination of win7phone and iphone....
That is correct. This time it's a phone, not a canvas.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kanishou For This Useful Post:
looks nice, and it definitely will become my new phone in the future. When depends on price

If you look at the specs, this is really a cheaper mass market design (very Nokia-ish), similar to a device like the Nokia 5800 was when it was released.
The biggest improvements over an N900 is the 1GB RAM, the much thinner body and the capacitive touch screen. (very mainstream, and RAM isn't the expensive these days)

The amoled screen is a mixed bag. It will probably not be full-resolution and use PenTile matrix tiling or similar (there is a warning in the differences document between N950 and N9 not to use single pixel graphics).

Other aspects are definitely main-stream, not high-end mostly to make the device cheaper to manufacture (the 8mpx camera, the LED flash, plastic case, normal av-out connector, 16GB memory option etc.)

The Following User Says Thank You to Bernard For This Useful Post:
Posts: 247 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on May 2010 @ limassol cyprus
just one .....i like it , it looks like alot of fun but.... how do you make fonecalls?

Originally Posted by Peter@Maemo Marketing View Post

And the processor... we need 60 FPS for transitions and 30 FPS for video, nothing else. The benefit with our CPU is that the battery gets you much further than any dual-core/LTE device. Not to mention that the radio performance beats essentially the whole competition out there.
it's not the cpu i object to, but the GPU.

it is hopelessly slow for a device entering the market in Q4 2011.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:
I'm completely disappointed. No HW keyboard, no FM transmitter, No significant HW difference. The only thing that attracts me to this phone is Meego but the hardware is just a total letdown. It's as if they tried to conform with the iphone but didn't realize that if people wanted a phone like the iphone, well, they would just get an iphone. Unless this is significantly cheaper I'm not sure who this appeals to. I wish this device all the best nonetheless but it seems I'm no longer the person they are marketing this phone to.

BTW What was the amazing never seen before feature that they were talking about a month or so ago?

The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Cue View Post
BTW What was the amazing never seen before feature that they were talking about a month or so ago?
There is not any - just a rumor by a few to stir up the natives.

The Following User Says Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
The N900 is a NIT not a phone
Then how come there'a a 7000+ thread on the N9 announcement on InternetTabletTalk?

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????