Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Great. Hope you like it!
I think there are a lot of very good smart phones out there. Probably won't go wrong with whatever you get.

Know where I can by this?

http://consumer.huawei.com/en/access...on-360-camera/

I can't find anyone selling them...

This is kind of cool, although it is ,as I understand it, only supported on the Mate 10 Pro. Not the Mate 10...

https://www.igeekphone.com/huawei-ma...et-stylus-pen/

Last edited by mscion; 2017-11-05 at 04:32.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
I think there are a lot of very good smart phones out there. Probably won't go wrong with whatever you get.

Know where I can by this?

http://consumer.huawei.com/en/access...on-360-camera/

I can't find anyone selling them...

This is kind of cool, although it is ,as I understand it, only supported on the Mate 10 Pro. Not the Mate 10...

https://www.igeekphone.com/huawei-ma...et-stylus-pen/

Not sure. I’ve seen that some shops giving the cam away for free when preorder mate. Regarding the pen, no clue.

Hope you’ll find one. Not really understood if a cam like that’s is usefull or only fun try for a short while.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Not sure. I’ve seen that some shops giving the cam away for free when preorder mate. Regarding the pen, no clue.

Hope you’ll find one. Not really understood if a cam like that’s is usefull or only fun try for a short while.
Various types of visualization is helpful for my work.

Also, another one of the reasons I got Mate 10.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bensin/...pointless/amp/

Yet another cool feature. The front fps is used for navigation. No buttons on screen. You tap to go back, swipe for recent apps, and hold to go home.

Last edited by mscion; 2017-11-06 at 20:19.

I hate it when computers are anthropomorphized in too cute a fashion...
Attached Images

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Brilliant.

Briefly checked out the iphoneX at BestBuy. Seems to have a very nice build. The top notch in the screen layout is something you can probably get used to but I still don't like. Very very smooth operation. You swipe up to close app. Very original idea... jk. The animations are a bit too cartoonish for me. For example, when you close an app by swiping up, the current image seen of running app morphs back to the icon. It's cute a couple of times.

Last edited by mscion; 2017-11-09 at 14:57.

Briefly checked out the iphoneX at BestBuy. Seems to have a very nice build. The top notch in the screen layout is something you can probably get used to but I still don't like. Very very smooth operation. You swipe up to close app. Very original idea... jk. The animations are a bit too cartoonish for me. For example, when you close an app by swiping up, the current image seen of running app morphs back to the icon. It's cute a couple of times.
Sounds pretty simple. Morpd back into the Icon? Got to see that. Love smooth transitions.

This mega star morphs into a bright light and simply wont die. Could be aliens harvesting energy?
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/11/08/us...ova/index.html

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
You swipe up to close app. Very original idea...
I wonder where they got it from. Original? Yeah, right.
Not very intuitive either. Swipe down like in MeeGo or Sailfish makes more sense.

I think swipe up is much more user friendly since it can easier be executed with one hand, even on bigger screens. What have Apple done with swipe up for shortcut to quick settings? That was swipe up before?

Swipe down should from top is bad. Mkey.

Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I wonder where they got it from. Original? Yeah, right.
Not very intuitive either. Swipe down like in MeeGo or Sailfish makes more sense.
Swipe up originally came from WebOS before Nokia copied it and inverted it. Swipe up was also used in Blackberry OS. I found it slightly annoying that Harmattan went for swipe down but was actually grateful that they included it at all after it was missing from the developer programme beta.

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

Tags
countdown, dooms_day, specc is the, troll ericsson