Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Lucazz990 View Post
My problem is not with device lock, but with installations: everytime (almost) I install a package, when it finishes installing all apps shut down and this is quite annoying... This is also a problem while installing for example unrestricted system ui or using n9qtweak
This is indeed strange, I have heard some people complain that they have this kind of problem but I have not ever seen it myself.

I find it is possible this has nothing to do with open mode itself, but rather the way you have entered open mode. Maybe there's something leftover from aegis that's causing this for you?

I tried installing Ubiboot, but the green text for repartioning nemo would not go away. i let it sit for an hour.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by byteninja2 View Post
I tried installing Ubiboot, but the green text for repartioning nemo would not go away. i let it sit for an hour.
That part is not specifically related to ubiboot, but to Nemo installation. (which people often do want to install along with ubiboot, though).

Normally it should not take more than couple of minutes so clearly something went wrong. Did you try it a second time, just in case it was an one-time glitch?

Posts: 335 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Trento, Italy
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
This is indeed strange, I have heard some people complain that they have this kind of problem but I have not ever seen it myself.

I find it is possible this has nothing to do with open mode itself, but rather the way you have entered open mode. Maybe there's something leftover from aegis that's causing this for you?
I don't know, I installed ubiboot using the guide on http://wiki.maemo.org/Ubiboot The only problem i encountered is the devicelock on error on the flasher but of course I've turned off the lock code and track and protect app before. It used to appear even after flash (both firmware and emmc) and the only way to get rid of this was using --erase-user-data=secure. After that everything went flawlessy. I remember that the app used to close after installation also when in open mode with sillyboot some months ago,,,

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
That part is not specifically related to ubiboot, but to Nemo installation. (which people often do want to install along with ubiboot, though).

Normally it should not take more than couple of minutes so clearly something went wrong. Did you try it a second time, just in case it was an one-time glitch?
Yup, tried it 3 times. And yeah, I knew it was Nemo but I didn't want to make a new thread.

Originally Posted by byteninja2 View Post
Once partitioning is done, it does not reboot on its own... What is the green text saying ?

Originally Posted by KTy View Post
Once partitioning is done, it does not reboot on its own... What is the green text saying ?
The stuff it should say as it says on the Wiki. It just doesn't change.

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
juiceme, as I digged the mtd3, I found some occurrences of kernel clashing. And I just had the night before to struggle with charging device in a powered off state. I.e. N9 is shut down, then I attachwall charger, device boots up, selects default kernel (your L2 fix) and crashes/reboots. Then I believe it does it again and on third time it starts with console, Then I unplug, replug and most often it boots/charges correctly then.
I have attached one occurrence. If you like some more, let me know. I hope you can read what is going south...
Attached Files
File Type: txt crash.txt (17.4 KB, 67 views)

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
juiceme, as I digged the mtd3, I found some occurrences of kernel clashing. And I just had the night before to struggle with charging device in a powered off state. I.e. N9 is shut down, then I attachwall charger, device boots up, selects default kernel (your L2 fix) and crashes/reboots. Then I believe it does it again and on third time it starts with console, Then I unplug, replug and most often it boots/charges correctly then.
I have attached one occurrence. If you like some more, let me know. I hope you can read what is going south...
At least according to this log, what happens is it is booting Nitdroid, not Harmattan. AFAIK you should autoboot Harmattan if you want to use the ACT_DEAD-type charging scheme.

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
omg
copy/paste...

Here is the correct attachment, sorry.
Attached Files
File Type: zip crash.zip (9.4 KB, 47 views)

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature