Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
glad to help

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 276 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ uk or @Pai,Mae Hong Son, Thailand
Well, I have just placed my order. However, this time I didn't
spot the field where you enter the voucher code.

I did see the field last time I partially placed an order.
So I still have an 'un-redeemed ' voucher.

The Following User Says Thank You to macey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by macey View Post
Well, I have just placed my order. However, this time I didn't
spot the field where you enter the voucher code.

I did see the field last time I partially placed an order.
So I still have an 'un-redeemed ' voucher.

Also see http://neo900.org/shop-walk-through/ "Redeem your voucher"

If the field is actually missing for you, please let us know so we can fix it. Thanks!

[UPDATE] seems under certain conditions for a very few cases the voucher code field doesn't show. We're investigating, meanwhile a logout and re-login should fix it (your cart will stay) - at least it did so far, it seems. Sorry for the inconvenience! When you encounter this problem, please let us know exact details of your procedure, so we can have a closer look what might trigger the problem. Thanks!

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2015-06-01 at 13:17.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Is it possible to redeem more than one voucher against a single purchase?

(I know, I know. Just try. But I still have not received my vouchers. I know, my fault. Sebastian has contacted me with a request for details but I haven't had the opportunity yet to respond oroperly )

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Is it possible to redeem more than one voucher against a single purchase?
When we issued multiple vouchers on one device serial number since the payments been for the same device, then you of course can use those multiple vouchers on one device order. Generally we concatenated multiple payments into one voucher in this case though. So when you actually received multiple vouchers on same device serial number and want to use them on one device order, please contact us so we can fix the mistake and make sure the shop doesn't reject them.
The vouchers the shop creates as "change" when your order payable is lower than the voucher value are of course usable again on your account, even multiple vouchers on one device order on your account. So if you for example received 2 vouchers over 600.- and you order two times NeoN board = 2 * 350.- Down Payment, you have 2 new "change" vouchers a 250.- which can get used in one order for e.g. a Neo900 Down Payment 480.- and you receive a change voucher again with value 20.-.
Generally we issued one voucher per device and you cannot concatenate devices into one, we wouldn't know what to do with the components we already sourced for the devices.

/j

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
Generally we issued one voucher per device and you cannot concatenate devices into one, we wouldn't know what to do with the components we already sourced for the devices.
Thanks, that's what I meant by my question. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

There can be multiple reasons for wanting to concentrate vouchers for several devices into one. The most obvious is the case of people no longer wanting the device due to the price increase. The most natural thing to do in such a case is pass on the voucher to someone else, who may want to concentrate it with his/her own voucher.

Another case is possibly rather rare, but I have one such client I serve as a proxy for. He made the first donation a long time ago when he resided in the EU. Then he moved out and asked me to make a top-up payment on his behalf, only remembering to tell me about the first payment post-actum. Those two payments came from two different sources and will generate two vouchers, but we would like to concatenate them into one.

Regarding surplus components, you will for sure end up with a lot anyway due to people pulling out after the price hike.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
For special cases like the one you mentioned where linking between two donations meant for one device was not made, please contact us in mail.
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Regarding surplus components, you will for sure end up with a lot anyway due to people pulling out after the price hike.
What makes you think so? We're already at ~120 devices ordered and down payment paid, and counting. For very obvious reasons we cannot concatenate devices into one, initial donations were meant to count as one device ordered already, and we acted accordingly. GDC subtracted wages from the original donations which we re-added to the voucher value since donors paid for the development which will benefit their device - if we concatenate multiple devices into one, we would concatenate that "value add" which I don't know how to fairly calculate. Of course you're free to find new customers to use your voucher, any time. It stays valid infinitely. However keep in mind that supply might be limited eventually, if we completed sourcing of some risk parts and can't get new ones. Or you keep your voucher and wait until end of project, when we actually can calculate how much to deduct for R&D before we could refund the voucher's remaining value.

cheers
jOERG

update 2015-06-01: 153 and counting

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2015-06-01 at 10:29.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
please make it possible to buy the complete Neo900 on Indiegogo or Kickstarter 😃

The Following User Says Thank You to ja11bs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 276 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ uk or @Pai,Mae Hong Son, Thailand
Originally Posted by ja11bs View Post
please make it possible to buy the complete Neo900 on Indiegogo or Kickstarter 😃
why????????

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to macey For This Useful Post:

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:

Tags
neo900, webshop