Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Portugal
I have the same opinion of Tintin and Mixu.

Posts: 367 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Brooklyn, NY
Originally Posted by Mixu View Post
Also my reason to visit this forum from time to time..
I agree on that as well. I understand the N900 is the new baby but, it just seems like nothing else matters anymore. The N810 and anything before it has become a distant memory. Ah well, such is life in the big business world we live in.

I want to install mer from chroot as to avoid anymore reflashing of my flash install of my N810. I am trying to read all the docs that I can find to do this but, so far am still stuck on how to start. I know I will be in terminal as root and that is as far I get. Help!! I want to try the new mer 0.17testing11 by downloading just the .tar file and do a complete manual install. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
So can you not just kill the GL stuff until the drivers are useable? I know Maemo5 has "transition control" witch can just turn off all of the transitions, so why not just turn off all the transitions for the software GL devices, too? Or does that not help enough?

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
I have been playing with Mer 0.17 testing 11 on my N800 and it's great aprt from the display speed.

hoping that the newly released drivers can be rolled into a build and released for testing soon, assuming that they bring mer upto a usable speed. the main menu currently takes approx 15 seconds to load for me

Originally Posted by gazza_d View Post
I have been playing with Mer 0.17 testing 11 on my N800 and it's great aprt from the display speed.

hoping that the newly released drivers can be rolled into a build and released for testing soon, assuming that they bring mer upto a usable speed. the main menu currently takes approx 15 seconds to load for me
I finally installed 0.17testing11 today and I saw the same thing. Though the setup was no problem, it seem like it took a little bit longer than usual. It also killed the battery pretty fast. It didn't take me long after I headed out with the device in my pocket to wash so I could check out the new features while there. By the time I got washing squared away and after getting something to eat, I pulled the device out my pocket to find the battery was completely drained from just being fully charged.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ São Paulo-Brasil
If I install MER with the dual boot then I COMPLETELY uninstall it? It uses the internal memory or external?

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Nanjing,China
Angelochelotti:
if u know how to build boot menu and partition your sd card manually,i think u really can "COMPLETELY" uninstall it

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Milton, WI, US
Anyone know the state of Mer 3d on N810? I have been ultra excited to check it out with acceleration. It looked so great on my n810, just painfully slow rendering.