Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by taike_hk View Post
Yes, it's strange. I wonder there is no one using GeePS in China.
Let me ask a buddy in Beijin who has N900 to try.

No error message at all on GeePS. GeePS shows white blank in the windows and gets stuck.

Is there anything I can do in debug mode?
I wonder if it isn't something that is not related to being in China but something else like a setting that you have different... You can run the application on the terminal and it may give us some clue... do you know how? have you tried?

EDIT: the output of the application running on console should give us a pretty good idea of what is going on.

You can get it by running on the x-terminal:

Code:
/opt/crochik/geeps > /home/user/MyDocs/geeps.txt
Please send me the /home/user/MyDocs/geeps.txt file.

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

Last edited by fcrochik; 2010-12-03 at 14:59.

MEGA THANK YOU!!

N900 Nokia Maps is a shocker to use - coming from someone who have been using google maps for ages, getting used to their excellent search prowess, nokia maps just doesn't compare.

And I am so crossed that there arent any good USABLE google maps app on n900. Everytime I search I get that web browser integration crap. Everyone knows thats not really usable!

THIS is. Thank you mega much my friend, you have made my day!

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
I wonder if it isn't something that is not related to being in China but something else like a setting that you have different... You can run the application on the terminal and it may give us some clue... do you know how? have you tried?

EDIT: the output of the application running on console should give us a pretty good idea of what is going on.

You can get it by running on the x-terminal:

Code:
/opt/crochik/geeps > /home/user/MyDocs/geeps.txt
Please send me the /home/user/MyDocs/geeps.txt file.
GeePS works great in Hong Kong over 2.5G (GPRS) and 3.5G (HSPA). No problem at all. I haven't got it working every time I fired it up in China (business trip).

/opt/crochik/geeps on the x-terminal results in the same white blank screen.

Can't find geeps.txt.....

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Hong Kong
My N900 buddy in Baijing told me GeePS is working fine.

I'll purge my copy and reinstall first.

GeePS works great in Hong Kong over 2.5G (GPRS) and 3.5G (HSPA). No problem at all. I haven't got it working every time I fired it up in China (business trip).

/opt/crochik/geeps on the x-terminal results in the same white blank screen.

Can't find geeps.txt.....
The file should be on your documents folder (/home/user/MyDocs)/

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Google services are not restricted in China.

What is "tor"?
It is an app to fool people where you actually log in. Go app manager, dl and install. It works transparant to users. Once Tor loaded, you will see an icon, like a big comma on next to your wifi. You may have to click to enable it though. Again, it works transparant to you, there is no maintenance or whatnot. Neat.

bun

Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
It is an app to fool people where you actually log in. Go app manager, dl and install. It works transparant to users. Once Tor loaded, you will see an icon, like a big comma on next to your wifi. You may have to click to enable it though. Again, it works transparant to you, there is no maintenance or whatnot. Neat.

bun
Just to avoid confusion. On the n900 there is also TOR (The one ring - google voice) but in this case is about this one: http://www.torproject.org/

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

The Following User Says Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Does it have route recalculating?

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants

No. (10 chars)

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post: