Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by alephito View Post
I am still having this problem. I cannot merge Skype contacts with 'regular' ones.
This was fixed with 1.2, but it may take some time for your database to return to 'normal' after upgrading.

The Following User Says Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
Adrien moved projects some months ago now indeed, and this was unfortunately one of the things that 'fell through the cracks' during his transition - through no malice on his part I might note.

He asked me some weeks ago if I'd be able to keep an eye on this thread, and I agreed, and then promptly forgot to do so as well

But - here I am now, so if you've questions, ask away. I don't have too much longer on the project myself, but I'm happy to help in the last weeks I'm on it at least.
So he did secure a replacement before he disappeared, as we asked countless times.
Why did it take so long for the switch-over to happen, anyway you're here now, I guess.
Sure, start from 5-pages back & you'll see bucket-loads of stuff still not cleared-up...
Some of it has been summarized for you by me and others....

Thank-you for deciding to step-up & help for the very limited time you're still around.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-04-18 at 13:02. Reason: typo

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
So he did secure a replacement before he disappeared, as we asked countless times.
Why did it take so long for the switch-over to happen, anyway you're here now, I guess.
He forgot to remind someone (i.e. me), and then I forgot to actually find this thread, plus at the time I was rather buried in urgent stuff for 1.2 ... being human sucks

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
... being human sucks
Indeed, happy digesting from at least 5-pages back till now.
And thank-you again for not going totally MIA on us.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
If by contact, you mean dial, then there is a call history tab in the dialer. I'd need more information if that isn't it.
what i meant was that i would like the call history of a particular contact either by searching the contact or opening the contact card. currently you can only see the latest communication with a particular contact. even if you go to incoming calls or outgoing calls tab, it is limited to 50 entries.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
also merging contacts by opening the contacts app, choosing merge contacts and then clicking refresh closes the contacts app if you've a large number of contacts. i've only 1353 contacts yet the app crashes everytime i click refresh in the merge section

Posts: 464 | Thanked: 338 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK, Northwest
Jeez, 1353 contacts...

On a side note, just what is the contacts limit in the N9?

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
also merging contacts by opening the contacts app, choosing merge contacts and then clicking refresh closes the contacts app if you've a large number of contacts. i've only 1353 contacts yet the app crashes everytime i click refresh in the merge section
It isn't down to the number, at least (I just tested it with 4k contacts, though that will keep my device warm enough that I can turn the heater off for a while... )

Can you tell me more about where (& how many) these contacts come from? What details you have on them? How long does it take to crash? etc.

Originally Posted by dumpystig View Post
On a side note, just what is the contacts limit in the N9?
There isn't one as such. Our testers usually have some few hundreds - thousand, I've seen a few (real world) devices with 1-2k... but things obviously start to slow down over a point. RAM consumption is also a problem, as all of this data is stored in memory.

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
what i meant was that i would like the call history of a particular contact either by searching the contact or opening the contact card. currently you can only see the latest communication with a particular contact. even if you go to incoming calls or outgoing calls tab, it is limited to 50 entries.
OK. There isn't any functionality for that, and I'm fairly certain it won't be added at this stage.

(usual disclaimer about third party application, etc)