Notices

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Is there any app that can play the Nokia Internet Radio stations? I'm not talking about the URL bookmarks like the default media player has, I'm talking about like Nokia's Internet Radio app on symbian which has a directory of 10000+ stations, broken down in many categories, geographically, etc.

I know the MediaBox has a shoutcast search that shows all stations sorted by genre which is pretty nice. I use it daily.

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Reading, Berkshire, UK
How do we get other stations added to the Shoutcast service? Just that I'm having no end of hassles with Premier Radio and the BBC..

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by alcockell View Post
How do we get other stations added to the Shoutcast service? Just that I'm having no end of hassles with Premier Radio and the BBC..
You don't add them. SHOUTcast adds them to their directory. But you can add custom internet radio stations on MediaBox easily. Just not inside the SHOUTcast directory.

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 208 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ London
Sorry to drag this up again but has anyone been able to extract the stream URL's from Nokia Internet Radio as preferably an opml so that can use it with other applications.

Theres a few streams that dont publicise their URL and be nice to have access to.

Originally Posted by dansus View Post
Sorry to drag this up again but has anyone been able to extract the stream URL's from Nokia Internet Radio as preferably an opml so that can use it with other applications.

Theres a few streams that dont publicise their URL and be nice to have access to.
I agree. I've just seen Nokia Internet Radio on an N8 symbian and its a very good simple app. Would love to see it on the n900 if possible..

Anyone got an ideas if this is possible?

i'm not being helpful i know, but shoutcast has about 50,000 stations as opposed to 10,000 in nokias directory(and i dont think its as much as 10,000). if you go to the shoutcast website, click on the tiny word 'settings' under the help links at the bottom left of the page you can set it so the website opens the link in the n900 media player. once that happens you can add it to your favourites in media player and never visit the website again , unless you want to search for more stations.

Last edited by leetnoob; 2011-03-29 at 17:49.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leetnoob For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hurth3x View Post
I know the MediaBox has a shoutcast search that shows all stations sorted by genre which is pretty nice. I use it daily.
this doesnt work anymore, it just gives an error

Posts: 398 | Thanked: 301 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Texas
Have you considered RadioTimeToGo?

Frank

Originally Posted by snubmoggy View Post
I agree. I've just seen Nokia Internet Radio on an N8 symbian and its a very good simple app. Would love to see it on the n900 if possible..

Anyone got an ideas if this is possible?

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Planet Earth for now!
that is what I do, but sometimes it does not work for me it's been 50/50 on it opening in media player.