After watching the press conference, I have even more respect for Apple as a company that cares. This whole stupid antenna thing was blown way out of proportion. There is nothing wrong with the iPhone 4 more than any other Phone.
What other company’s CEO would come to talk to the people like this?
Instead of acting like a 5 year old and being so fast to release statements about how you “can” hold Nokias any way you want. How about you pay attention to the problem YOUR USERs are facing??!
6 months into the life of the n900 and it’s excluded from being updated to Meego. Mail is still crap. Store is still crap and the list goes on.
All the hard labor is on the poor community’s shoulders. The 2 year old 3g can be updated to IOS4 (yes, some features are not there, but IT CAN). What did you do about the issues plaguing the n900, n97? Takes you ages to release an update and we literally have to milk statements out of you. Pulling **** like “oh it’s a mobile computer”. That’s much better.
And don’t even get me started about the SMS sending fiasco and how the poor n8 will be released with an already dead platform.

Look at the bars drop, I shot this myself, only 1 barely remains and eventually goes away:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DdsdHWzMMQ

Last edited by chemist; 2010-07-18 at 04:38.

The Following User Says Thank You to Corso85 For This Useful Post:
You can't paste a video URL and you want to troll?

Come on.

EDIT: http://mynokiablog.com/2010/07/17/ho...it-drop-calls/

Last edited by giannoug; 2010-07-17 at 10:09.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to giannoug For This Useful Post:
Posts: 116 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
So you have an antenna problem in your n900 or what are you saying? I dont think that those bars are comparable

I still have to say that Apple handled the issue well in this case. But would the outcome been different they werent able to find an easy solution to the issue at the phone production line (this coating?)?

ive ALWAYS WANTED TO SAY THIS

*grabs popcorn*

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
If you're Apple's baby and you're crying, daddy Jobs will come to read a nice fairy tale for you. Sure it may not be based on reality, but it'll make you feel good nonetheless.

If you're Nokia's baby and you're crying, daddy and mommy will make another baby to replace you... oh, and he tells everyone that you're already in college; people may have a rather high expectation from you *g*
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
apple is worse company ever.... the antenna problem is big...u catch N900 in any way and calls will never drop...and apple over that instead of accepting fault says we are giving free covers...cmon any kiddo will know that software update or any cover is not the solution..its design fault. So for mee apple sucks and if u love it too much i think u dont belong here..get the hell outta here and joing the list of ppl fooled by apple!

P.S : The proximity sensor is also **** !

Read this...

http://www.gsmarena.com/apple_gets_a...-news-1817.php

Last edited by sdesai; 2010-07-17 at 10:21.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sdesai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 116 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Oh come on, we cant blindly bash Apple even on this forum. They made a very fair offer, "if you dont like your phone bring it back and get your money back".

Would Nokia ever do that?

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to zimmerit For This Useful Post:
Apple just has to make 1 phone and can't get the antenna right. Nokia makes 30 or so at any given time and has to manage them all. Really can't compare them.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to soredawg For This Useful Post:
I agree to that !

I actually tend to agree with the basis of this rant.
Nokia are being relatively hypocrit about this all.
After years and years of making phones, No phone should dop calls! this is a BASIC feature you know, making calls.
So if thats what Nokia is proud of this days i must say it is pathetic.

Its never about the mass of error effected devices but about the popularity of that certain device. If the iphone 3g and 3gs wouldnt have got crutial updates to fix some bugs, we would have read about it everywhere. however, nokia kept the n900 in this talk.maemo.org "cage" and we are like "survival" participents who actually have to take care of our own and no one will ever get their 1m$.
So since the n900 and the maemo platform in general sold around 100k products, we cant make the same "wave" that is bound to hit Finland's shores and hurt Nokia's Image. And thats what its all about - IMAGE.

In conclusion, i have to say that i have been faithful to Nokia, but following their behavior with the n900, this might be my last nokia ever.

Tags
delete me, free publicity, n900 is perfect, worstthreadever