How many of you guys are still happy with your N900s?
I for one am starting to get sick of it, the novelty is wearing off and its starting to feel chunky amongst a crowd of lean, sleek phones that offer equal if not better options in a smaller package.

I really liked the N900 at first but I feel it slow down so often now, let's not talk about 10 apps multi-tasking, it sometimes even suddenly slows down with SMS, Phone and internet open. not sure what's wrong with it but I realized after using this phone, that I rather have less features and all of them work fluidly rather than every feature under the sun at the expense of each of them only working at 80-90% efficiency.

Comparing a hardware with 1 year difference And you want the older to be better? Really?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Faster devices are always around the corner.

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Los Angeles, CA
what do you plan to do with your old n900?

The Following User Says Thank You to RogerTHAcctant For This Useful Post:
Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
Well... Mine is just picking up speed.

The HW keyboard is a musthave for me, personally, so that shuts out a shitload of phones right there.

Ive been using the N900 as my main computer for about 2.5 months now, and it does its job. Torrents, browsing, movies, games, etc.

Hell, Im running FF IX on it for christs sake.

Seeing as I come from the N97 I guess my threshhold for happiness aint too high, but the N900 does pretty much what I want, runs at 900mhz, multitasks fine, and so forth and so on, etc.

What are the "new phones coming out" that rival N900, by the way?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 213 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Rota Land
i don't care about them. i've already got a phone to use which is the n900. i'll check on them when the time comes to buy a new phone which is probably 5 years later (an average lifetime of a mobile phone i use) lol.

Last edited by riceboy; 2010-07-21 at 05:10.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to riceboy For This Useful Post:
If you think other devices are faster then you are wrong. I just played with a Samsung Galaxy S for about 20 minutes yesterday and it started to slow down after 10 mins of use. I love the N900 it does almost everything and more. I just wish it gets flash 10.1.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xuggs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 63 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ greece
Originally Posted by archzai View Post
I for one am starting to get sick of it, the novelty is wearing off and its starting to feel chunky amongst a crowd of lean, sleek phones that offer equal if not better options in a smaller package.
the N900 is quite thick if thats what u mean , but tell me of a slicker phone WITH FULL KEYBOARD .
Originally Posted by archzai View Post
I really liked the N900 at first but I feel it slow down so often now, let's not talk about 10 apps multi-tasking, it sometimes even suddenly slows down with SMS, Phone and internet open. not sure what's wrong with it but I realized after using this phone, that I rather have less features and all of them work fluidly rather than every feature under the sun at the expense of each of them only working at 80-90% efficiency.
sms phone and internet browsing is multitasking , what else u have open ? widgets apps running in backround ? up time before starts slowinf down ?
try a reboot every a couple of days , dont install devel apps ..
eventualy it will slow down its not a super computer ,

u must consider that its a 6 mounths device , and the day it came out faster devices where available ( hardware wise , 1ghz cpu etc ) , but the N900 is still running disently most tasks .

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
actually I am fearing that I must buy new N900 this year instead of new model. with recent apps N900 is pretty near perfect for me...

cellphone manufacturers, please bring as many physical qwerty kick *** phones as possible to shops asap.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following User Says Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by xuggs View Post
If you think other devices are faster then you are wrong. I just played with a Samsung Galaxy S for about 20 minutes yesterday and it started to slow down after 10 mins of use. I love the N900 it does almost everything and more. I just wish it gets flash 10.1.
Personally, I think you were stimulated and excited by the UI and your brain sped up.... thus giving the impression that everything around you slowed down.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post: