Active Topics

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Abu Dhabi , UAE
Does N9 play subtitles just like N900? Thanks.

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
I got a REEEEALLY nice e-mail from the people over @ N9pilot.se a few minutes ago

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eMiL For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by eMiL View Post
I got a REEEEALLY nice e-mail from the people over @ N9pilot.se a few minutes ago
Tell us more...

Talking about Swipe - Robert Scoble - who is a self-proclaimed Nokia basher (and rightfully so) was shown a Nokia N9 and its NFC magic and he came out positive about the new "Decent OS" by Nokia (on his Google+ feed).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nilchak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 199 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by marrat View Post
Tell us more...
No hard info really, so sorry if I made you all excited! I did however get a confirmation on being chosen as one of the 30 testpilots for the N9 in Sweden ! Enough to make my blush and giggle like a little girl!

I'll tell you everything about all/any info I receive I promise!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to eMiL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by bequezox View Post
Yihaa... where were you during the event?? should've worn a TMO-badge or something
i were in the middle - I didn't ask any questions as my reason of being there were only to try the N9 hand on again(i've also tried it in early august i think). However i were in the same row as the middleaged man with the N73 or something asking quite a few questions - I were the young blond guy sitting almost next to him

I were interveiwed by the camera guy so if im unlucky i'll be on the 3 site commentating on the event.

My personal impression was just like you (and as the first time i tried it).

Great browser, quick camera start-up time and shooting and more than one active sync mail acount. These are my primary uses...

Even though the case is plastic (poly-something) it feels great and lays "ergonomically" in the hand. The feeling is like it is a mixture of plastic and some sort of rubber. It doesnt slip out of your hand as the N8 or iphone(4).

And yes the vbk is great both horizontal and vertical mode.

About the N9 and DLNA i just wrote what the Nokiaguy said, and as I understood it, he was more keen on setting it to the tv-out (3,5 jack) or usb mode than DLNA. I agree, however, that it is weird if it cant do the DLNA properly in 720p.

The Following User Says Thank You to Lindegaard For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by eMiL View Post
No hard info really, so sorry if I made you all excited! I did however get a confirmation on being chosen as one of the 30 testpilots for the N9 in Sweden ! Enough to make my blush and giggle like a little girl!

I'll tell you everything about all/any info I receive I promise!

You are the chosen one!

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 182 | Thanked: 540 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Lindegaard View Post
About the N9 and DLNA i just wrote what the Nokiaguy said, and as I understood it, he was more keen on setting it to the tv-out (3,5 jack) or usb mode than DLNA. I agree, however, that it is weird if it cant do the DLNA properly in 720p.
That wasn't an engineer, right? DLNA UI work was slated to future releases. N9/50 are both capable to do 720p DLNA streaming over wifi, no issues with that.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to abbra For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Gerbick/Marxian, just bumping these 3x posts, if you've got a minute, cheers!
Just saw this...

Oh I know, there are cases of this happening...
But are they not isolated incidents relating to shortages in local service centres?*
Isn't Nokia an international company? They should tap their whole distribution network before they offer a different OS based phone, in my opinion.

Even when OQO was going out of business, they still found a brand new OQO 01+ to send to me upon not being able to fix it. And it came from Japan - sealed up.

Simply stated, not even 1 year - check the posts about alternate phones being offered - look at how they were offering that as early as 1 year after N900 delivery. And it's becoming more widespread.

That's not cool at all.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Random Readings

http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/07/l...dual-core-teg/
Only impressive aspect seems to be the dual-core, but that's still not hugely advantageous in RW use.
ROTFL that devicee is a downgrade if using N900

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????