Posts: 81 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ port harcourt
Dude, changin from an N to an L..is totally your choice...but believe me when I say there's none to compare wit d N900..i'm yet to see a full that is full of adventure..You can tweak almost anythin to your choice unlike the iphone look-alikes in d market...3 months Tops, you'll dust your n900 and go back for it...have fun

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
the whole multitasking is a myth. Nothing happens in the background of N9. A myth.
Keep telling that to yourself while trying to use for example spotify or ssh with a windows phone

I tried using a lumia 800 (developer gift from nokia) for about 2 months and the lack of decent task management and multitasking are the main reasons why I stopped using it. You might be able to live with it's limitations if your use cases for the phone are exactly what microsoft thinks they are and you expect nothing more from it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to timoph For This Useful Post:
Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by nokiaqueen View Post
to each his own

unlimited data isn't really needed because in the US we get free wifi just about everywhere
That's very inaccurate. It may only be true for the minority of US residents who live in & never leave larger urban centers.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rotoflex For This Useful Post:
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Keep comparing Maemo to WIndows Phone 7. It does not make you people look silly at all.

The Following User Says Thank You to LavaCroft For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
To lazy read this thread but one thing about Android vs WP is:

I now several people who had now buyed the damn Lumia 800 and for them 800 is way better than many android devices they have tested cause it runs smother, does not need triple core CPU etc... And for us having N9/N900 we already knows that N9/N900 is not so resource hungry as Android is.

But the thing is none of them knows about N9/N900. So I say it again if Nokia had marketed N9 harder in european it could had taken back alot of the android users.

So what will I say with this is: Its all about marketing and those people stupid enought beleive Android manufactors like samsung will eat Nokia are plain stupid.

Nokia will come back. Personally I still dislike the fact the killed Maemo6 Harmattan and go WP only but that is how it is. Personally I will not buy any WP. I still hope for a Qt based geekphone in the future. Maybe when Nokia is back in bussines...

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
I am from the US. US sucks. Lumia Rocks!!!!
Not compared to N9 cause N9 has better camera, nfc, cooler os.

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Not compared to N9 cause N9 has better camera, nfc, cooler os.
also has larger screen, front camera for videocalling, free bluetooth, mass storage mode, 64gb memory, better OS
etc
etc

edit: for the fun of it, The fully promoted and advertised Lumia 800 has 29% daily interest on gsmarena
The N9 has 93%....

yeah Nokia...you really felt people's pulse with this one....

Last edited by HELLASISGREECE; 2012-04-14 at 12:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
just like most consumers use m$ LostDOS because it is what comes installed on their PC when they buy it, most consumers get either an iPotato or an ANDroid.
that's what everybody has, right?
m$?
do they do (mobile) phones?
yeah, sure, what does m$ not do?!?
thanks to Flop, m$ now registers as a tiny blip on the mobile landscape
that's all it'll ever be...
Does your hatred of popular and good tools and companies make go forget your spellings and write meaningless things like ipotato and lostdos and what not? Quite funny actually to see someone writhe in agony to spell the correct usage.

Anyway back to topic, so how much of ablip on the mobile landscaoe did maemo/meego combined register again?

The Following User Says Thank You to nilchak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by harry_e20000 View Post
Dude, changin from an N to an L..is totally your choice...but believe me when I say there's none to compare wit d N900..i'm yet to see a full that is full of adventure..You can tweak almost anythin to your choice unlike the iphone lookPoint taken-alikes in d market...3 months Tops, you'll dust your n900 and go back for it...have fun
point taken, but you do realize that sometimes not everybody wants to tweak things on the ohone, rather just have it work out of the box?

I can say by my own experience, I loved tweaking and the customizations options, but now with lesser time I love to have mydevices just work.

Theres really two sides to every coin. Believe me.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
My N9 does lag and stutter occasionally, but at least I can make use of it. It's a work horse, not a shiny catwalk model that can do nothing except for looking good.

No multitasking. C'mon, you cannot seriously call WP a smartphone OS...
Even Android can emulate multitasking better than WP does.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post: