Earlier today, my N810 seemed to freeze up; it wouldn't react to the keyboard or touchscreen, and even the power button didn't work. So I pulled the battery, waited, put it back, and turned it back on.

No joy. The white "Nokia" screen came up, but no blue progress bar. After a few moments, the screen faded out (accompanied by some weird visual effect, with maybe 3 vertical lines with horizontal noise, looking like an oscilloscope screen on its side), then flashed back to "Nokia", then, after a shorter delay, faded to black.

It now does this consistently, every time I turn it on. I've tried pulling the battery for 5+ minutes, I've tried booting with no miniSD, I've tried booting with the charger in. (This last works even worse: the battery icon shows up on the screen, but never gets animated, and never gets the "Charging" message. And, after doing that, I can't turn it on without the charger, until I pull the battery again.)

Any suggestions? I'm using chinook, and not doing anything tricky like booting from the miniSD. I'd like to avoid reflashing the device, since I haven't backed it up for a while. (Most of my work is on the miniSD, but still. I wanted to back up my list of packages, at least, before upgrading to diablo.)

OK, never mind, I bit the bullet and flashed it with Diablo.

The Following User Says Thank You to metageek For This Useful Post:

Tags
boot, chinook