Active Topics

Hi all, new here and a bit desperate. Found in the shed my old N900 and started to navigate with the things it does. Saw my pics and vids, great memories. I was a complete idiot and clicked in secure my phone option, I think it was something like this or my be protect my phone. Anyway it asked me for a code that I didn't remember. I think I never had a pin on this device but I can't be sure. So now after many attempts with all the dates and things I can imagine could be the pin still locked. I saw 12345 online and doesn't take it because I pit more than 5 wrong codes before. So The question is: is there anyway I can unlock the N900 without losing the info in the internal memory? By the way, there is no SIM or SD in it and the box is long gone so I don't have a clue where the Imei could be or even if I need it.
Thanks for your help

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ica For This Useful Post:

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aspergerguy View Post
To save you a bit of searching: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...2&postcount=22
Thanks a million but I havent a clue what a ssh is. Could you be a little bit more specific? It doesn't look like anything easy

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ica For This Useful Post:
Unfortunately this probably means that you never previously installed "OpenSSH Client and Server" upon your N900, which would rule out this approach.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
No I don't remember installing anything else than ovi. Thanks anyway. I think I 'll bring it to a phone repair shop and see what they say

The Following User Says Thank You to ica For This Useful Post:
Wish you luck on this after this length of time, even if you could provide original paperwork to show device is yours.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
What about flashing the FIASCO image? That shouldn't overwrite your eMMC.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Wasmachinemann-NL View Post
What about flashing the FIASCO image? That shouldn't overwrite your eMMC.
To ica, it means you would lose installed applications and application settings, email accounts, sent and received messages, but NOT any saved files, photos and videos. If you are happy with that - and from my reading of your first post it sounds like you are - then this would be a viable option.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Thanks all for your ideas. I'm ok with the option of flashing the FIASCO image, whatever that means...

Could anybody drop a link for a tutorial about that? Or.... do you recommend to go to shop and leave it to the experts

The Following User Says Thank You to ica For This Useful Post:
Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
I am not sure if flashing really works, it could be that it was possible with older firmware but maybe not with the latest firmware can't remember 100%.
However there is a way to reset the code, or to figure out what code is typed in without flashing and there is also a way to copy your personal data from that device without resetting or knowing the code.
But how should we know that it is your device? Where do you live?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post: