Photos, please?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

It will take about 20 days to come...

The Following User Says Thank You to Pax For This Useful Post:
Posts: 183 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
this seems like the best place to post this question. I've recently moved on from a N900 to a N9. I have 2 double batteries for the n900 (dual scud and dual japod). I am considering using one of these combo's, and creating an external battery of some sort. Unfortunately, the N9's battery is buried deep inside the phone, and you have to take out all the parts to get to where it is (which takes out doing a double battery). So I'm currently debating about an external battery.

I can only plug this battery into the micro-usb, which I understand takes 5v. These batteries provide 3.6v-4.2v (give or take a bit). I know one can make an external battery out of AA batteries, but out of the cell phone batteries?

Last edited by Storm_11; 2011-10-22 at 05:50.

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by Storm_11 View Post
this seems like the best place to post this question. I've recently moved on from a N900 to a N9. I have 2 double batteries for the n900 (dual scud and dual japod). I am considering using one of these combo's, and creating an external battery of some sort. Unfortunately, the N9's battery is buried deep inside the phone, and you have to take out all the parts to get to where it is (which takes out doing a double battery). So I'm currently debating about an external battery.

I can only plug this battery into the micro-usb, which I understand takes 5v. These batteries provide 3.6v-4.2v (give or take a bit). I know one can make an external battery out of AA batteries, but out of the cell phone batteries?
Get something like this and mod it with an MicroUSB wire & Plug instead of the USB thats on it

EDIT: if you need more power put 2x together or find similar that has >700mA

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
I know it is off-topic here, but reading:

Originally Posted by Storm_11 View Post
Unfortunately, the N9's battery is buried deep inside the phone, and you have to take out all the parts to get to where it is
... i suddenly feel like wanting to give You my deepest condolences for Your terrible loss. Or at least to say that I feel *very* sorry for You. Brrrrr, those chinese-like designs are creepy thing.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

hi, i have a question about modding the scuds. if we put 2 together then we more or less double the run time, which Dr Frost has alredy tested. my question is that does this double the voltage also (2 x 3.7) or does that just remain normal (3.7) ?
thankyou

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by tingu699 View Post
hi, i have a question about modding the scuds. if we put 2 together then we more or less double the run time, which Dr Frost has alredy tested. my question is that does this double the voltage also (2 x 3.7) or does that just remain normal (3.7) ?
thankyou
Source voltages in parallel average the output, sources in series add them. Amperage, on the other hand adds for parallel and averages (roughly) for series. Since all the mods are placing the batteries in parallel, it's the average voltage of the two and roughly the sum of that amperage (so roughly double). So if you have one at 3.71v and one at 3.69v, your voltage would be (3.71 + 3.69)/2 = 3.70v.

The Following User Says Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Also, batteries connected in parallel without protection circuit "automatically" even the SoC - so, basically, after connection, current from higher SoC battery flow to the lower SoC one.

That is, why it's so important to connect batteries at ~same State of Charge - very little differences won't do harm (and are unavoidable), but connecting full battery to 50% SoC one will result in very high current flow, which will:

1) probably burn out connection after few seconds, due to excessive heat, generated by unrestricted flow

2) if not, "age" batteries quite much, due to current out of sane limits

3) in worst case, make batteries to vent with flames/explode.

In case of connecting (in parallel) batteries of (almost) the same SoC (of course, when they are same type, same chemistry, same capacity etc), battery with higher SoC also charge battery with lower SoC, but only for a small part of second, without harmful long-time overcurrent.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
thanx guys

Is this the new 1445 battery? Anyone received & tested yet?

Tags
battery, battery test, best battery, good bad ugly, modding, mugen battery, scud battery, tool got banned, yasirrfc