Active Topics

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh something nice happened.

I dropped my N900 with the Mugen battery about two feet onto a hardwood floor. It shut off completely. Tried turning it on. Didn't work. Freaked out because I have only had it two days - it's replacement for my last one that I had only two weeks. Tried everything and I couldn't get it to work.

Then I put the old battery back in and it powered up beautifully. I have never had a battery break. The mobo on the N900 survived, the LCD survived, the glass survived - but the battery broke.

Theres another negative for Mugen batteries. Sure, I dropped it, but come on.

The Following User Says Thank You to Old Abe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
I must say the confidence in mugen battery's are getting quite low, i have dropped my N900 5+ times with my Dual Scud, still works fine.

But you can have the one you donated to me if you want

Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
I must say the confidence in mugen battery's are getting quite low, i have dropped my N900 5+ times with my Dual Scud, still works fine.

But you can have the one you donated to me if you want
Dr. Frost - the Mugen is yours. Period. Once given, forgotten.

Besides, I think I'm going SCUD.

Best Regards,

Abe

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Old Abe For This Useful Post:
Ok, so dual scud or just single?
You have the cover so you have that option now

Originally Posted by Old Abe View Post
Dr. Frost - the Mugen is yours. Period. Once given, forgotten.

Besides, I think I'm going SCUD.

Best Regards,

Abe
A hand made scud, signed by the battery masta? That'll be worth a few bob in a couple of years!

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
4'th charge with other charger came in at 2190mAh so im calling it at 2240mAh for the Mugen XL battery.

And Old Abe i just looked in my battery drawer, i have 2x Scuds (the good ones ) and i really want to repay the VERY kind gesture of donating the expensive mugen battery.

So i want to make a dual scud and send it your way, you have the mugen cover so now you can get a REAL POWER battery at 3000+mAh

And for everybody else, i have a 2240mAh Mugen Battery with cover for sale, but as im not a greedy corporation i can only take a price of 30euro / 40$ (shipped) for it

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2012-02-10 at 19:44. Reason: Price adjust

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by Old Abe View Post
but the battery broke.
Theres another negative for Mugen batteries. Sure, I dropped it, but come on.
Are you 100% the batteries dead?
I would think it maybe the contacts have bent or something like that. It should be repairable, or send it back to Mugen for a replacement under warranty?

Well in other news i have contacted mugen for an explanation on their not so good battery.

And they don't dare ignore that, try to google "mugen battery" and see how high this thread is on the list.

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Are you 100% the batteries dead?
I would think it maybe the contacts have bent or something like that. It should be repairable, or send it back to Mugen for a replacement under warranty?
I already contacted them this morning. My first thought was actually the same you mentioned (contacts) but I don't generally tinker with batteries. I tinker with everything else - just not power supplies and batteries.

I will post back what I find out from Mugen

Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
4'th charge with other charger came in at 2190mAh so im calling it at 2240mAh for the Mugen XL battery.

And Old Abe i just looked in my battery drawer, i have 2x Scuds (the good ones ) and i really want to repay the VERY kind gesture of donating the expensive mugen battery.

So i want to make a dual scud and send it your way, you have the mugen cover so now you can get a REAL POWER battery at 3000+mAh

And for everybody else, i have a 2240mAh Mugen Battery with cover for sale, but as im not a greedy corporation i can only take a price of 30euro / 40$ (shipped) for it
Thank you for the offer of the scud batteries. I really appreciate it but for now I'm going to wait and see how Mugen responds.

Side note: you don't owe me a thing. Glad to send it your way; you made a great review. I might pay you to fashion a scud duo for me if Mugen acts like a douche about the battery business. If they complain about my dropping it I'm going to cite their false advertisement. If they don't take it back then I will try to repair it and thereafter test the battery, post my findings (which will obviously match yours) and then the company can't refute their false advertisement.

We shall see how this plays out.

Tags
battery, battery test, best battery, good bad ugly, modding, mugen battery, scud battery, tool got banned, yasirrfc