Active Topics

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by spencer8ab View Post
I mean the protector circuit at the top of the battery, not the battery itself.
Well how to take it off is in post #2, both pictures and video, if you want to take the circuit out of the plastic top, well then you are kinda on your own, i have taken almost all of the battery's apart that i tested, and no 2 where the same in the design, first getting the plastic top of can vary upon if it is screwed on or held on by the battery "cover" tape/label, and then the circuit, here some are completely glued together and i even gave up on trying to take them apart, and others just pop out since they are held down by the plastic top.

Yeah, this one seems pretty stubborn. Do you think it's possible to solder it without removing the casing (the flat wire is still attached to the protector circuit), because I've had trouble getting it close enough to the battery so it can fit in the phone? I could always zombify a spare original bl-5j if that doesn't work though, since those have screws.

i think i have soldered some of those tricky ones before, i think it was a japod, but then again i think i used a spare "christgift" battery top & circuit on the dual japod's....

Has anyone tested this dealextreme battery ?

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/bl-5j-r...0i-more-112923

The battery is rated at 2850mah but looks to be of the same size as BL5J.

The battery capacity of BL5J has been upgraded to 1430mAh

http://www.flipkart.com/nokia-batter...mczczahkec2hqy

Has anyone tested this dealextreme battery:-
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/bl-5j-r...0i-more-112923

Its rated at 2850mAh but looks of the same size as BL5J.

The battery capacity of BL5J has been upgraded by Nokia to 1430mAh.

http://www.flipkart.com/nokia-batter...mczczahkec2hqy

I have four BL-5J batteries, which are charged by an external charger. After the batterie is empty and the device shut down i exchange the battery with a full one and switch on the device.

But i have the problem, that the percentage and the mAh indicator is wrong. The only value which is accurate is the voltage.

Iam using BME and the powerkernel v49.

Is there a way the have an accurate estimation of percentage and the left mAh without charging the battery inside the device?

Originally Posted by HolgerN View Post
I have four BL-5J batteries, which are charged by an external charger. After the batterie is empty and the device shut down i exchange the battery with a full one and switch on the device.

But i have the problem, that the percentage and the mAh indicator is wrong. The only value which is accurate is the voltage.

Iam using BME and the powerkernel v49.

Is there a way the have an accurate estimation of percentage and the left mAh without charging the battery inside the device?
You can try my battery meter, i made it because of the ignoring battery % left.

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
After many tries to start discharge at a point to get a successful calibration, I created this small script which other people might find useful:

It stops BME, and starts the charge21.sh script.
After that, every 30 seconds - the RSOC is being tested and if it reached 100%, it goes to sleep for another XXX seconds (you can change the value of the "delay" parameter - I used 480 seconds = 8 minutes) and after this period it kills the charge21.sh script which makes the charging stop.

This way you don't need to wait near the phone all the time until it reaches the charge point you want. I used this script to charge over night and it stopped charging 8 minutes after 100% and was ready for another discharge to ~3250mv.
Attached Files
File Type: zip chargewithlimit.zip (416 Bytes, 610 views)

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to impeham For This Useful Post:
Hey impeham, I'm glad that You managed to get it working. Your script is nice idea, thanks for it - dr_frost_dk, could You link impeham's last post in first page, just under my instructions on re-calibrating/measuring on device?

Also, sorry for late reply. I was totally out of "range" for last two weeks or so.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

added link in post #1

Tags
battery, battery test, best battery, good bad ugly, modding, mugen battery, scud battery, tool got banned, yasirrfc