Active Topics

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Not quite exactly what @saba requested, but here are the recreations of the Jolla watchfaces from their mwc2017 presentation.
Before i push them to my repo i am going to ask James how to properly credit jolla since they are almost exact copies from their work. Also it would be nice to get permission to distribute the wallpaper with the watchface. Lets see

Here the originals:

And my recreations/copies:
Attached Images

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 137 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Guate
Hello @mosen, I just asking why the last nightly build of asteroid still not come with your nice watchfaces?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to karlos devel For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by karlos devel View Post
Hello @mosen, I just asking why the last nightly build of asteroid still not come with your nice watchfaces?
haha, thanks for the flowers.
I think that will not happen too soon because kido got more important decisions to make atm.
They (dev-team) made some general design decisions regarding the whole ui last year and i do not even know if that decision process is already finished.
Currently, the stock watchfaces are all really simplistic and i can see why mine break the currently intended guidelines quite a bit.
I have 5 more in the works which are all intended to be more straight forward and reworked all of the earlier ones for better readability.
So, yes, it would be great honor if the dev team decides to put some of them into v1.0 release or even nightlys but i am also fine with sideloading them.

I made this script to deploy the watchfaces. just place it in the unofficial-watchface folder after pulling from github.
It will selectively copy the watchfaces, fonts and wallpapers to a connected watch.
Also attached, my personal favourite watchfaces of the unreleased batch, planned for next week after some weekend coding.
And i got a photographer friend to send me some background images he is willing to release under gpl v2.1.

Code:
#!/bin/bash

PS3='Deploy watchface #) or quit with any other key) '

unset options i
while IFS= read -r -d $'\0' f; do
  options[i++]="$f"
done < <(find */ -maxdepth 0 -type d -print0 )

select opt in "${options[@]}"

do
	if [ -e $opt/usr/share/asteroid-launcher/watchfaces/ ]
      then
	    scp $opt/usr/share/asteroid-launcher/watchfaces/* root@192.168.2.15:/usr/share/asteroid-launcher/watchfaces/
	  else
	  	break
      fi

if [ -e $opt/usr/share/asteroid-launcher/wallpapers/ ]
      then
        scp $opt/usr/share/asteroid-launcher/wallpapers/* root@192.168.2.15:/usr/share/asteroid-launcher/wallpapers/
      fi

if [ -e $opt/usr/share/fonts/ ]
      then
        scp $opt/usr/share/fonts/* root@192.168.2.15:/usr/share/fonts/
      fi

done
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
as we learned from history, it is not advised to wait for Jolla longer than absolutely necessary. So i split my next release and do my original watchfaces and hold the Jolla Copies back for when my email request for proper crediting has passed all Jolla mills.

Here are all changes and additions from last release, enjoy!

+(If you click here, a wild gif-cluster appears. You are warned)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Wow \0/
@mosen you are Awesome to make watchfaces. I will like see a watchface on Big-Pixel-Simulated.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to karlos devel For This Useful Post:
Nice to see you appreciate them!
Only two more watchfaces i come up with else i am relying on your ideas
One will be a trollish (as kido called it) copy of the original pulp fiction watch, which is really hard technically for the complicated clock arms.
Th other one is a readability optimize "tactical" analog watch with neon clock arms.

I searched around and could not find matches for "Big-Pixel-Simulated", so i don't quite understand.
Do you mean like "Low Bit / 8 Bit Pixel Arts" or "Low Poly"?

Something like this...
Using nice colors: Cyan,Magent,Amber,Violet,Cerulean as example will look beautiful
Asteroid logo is on big Pixel too.
Attached Images

Last edited by karlos devel; 2018-03-16 at 05:33.

here you are

It was a bit challenging to adapt the black background theme to AsteroidOS wallpaper ux and i am not perfectly happy with the bars.
Maybe i will stroke them with a gradient so they fade to zero opacity on the left and right edges.
Also the colors might get some optimization, maybe you have suggestions like date = magenta, or alike
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip karlos-matrix.zip (29.8 KB, 133 views)

Last edited by mosen; 2018-03-17 at 00:30.

\0/ @mosen you are the best on it really.
I want to give Redbull & Pizza's for you nice work.

Last edited by karlos devel; 2018-03-17 at 04:13.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to karlos devel For This Useful Post:
Yeap the bars lines not look very well. a solid black background will highlight the colors of the clock.This will look ok with "black-background with cyan/or amber"