Active Topics

Originally Posted by mosen View Post
finally testing.
Wow, just wow. You made photos of almost all variants and even took the time to change wallpapers… Nice. Thank you so much!
Kitt does even look bearable on a round screen, I didn't expect that.

Originally Posted by theonelaw View Post
any suggestions on the best (current) watch to try this on ?
If money is a factor (and it almost always is), I'd also suggest hunting for a dory in good condition.
A thing to keep in mind when roaming ebay: Keep an eye on the bare contacts, those tend to corrode (contact with skin/sweat) at some point. When there's no picture of them, request one.

I managed to get a mint condition, never unboxed dory that was in a drawer for over a year for just about fifty euros. With a bit of patience and lower expectations, it should be possible to spend even a bit less.
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

Last edited by velox; 2018-02-05 at 10:26.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Some news from the watchface front!

Velox got his watchfaces merged to the official unofficial-watchface repository some days ago! Congratulations.

I somehow lost my lenok during travel sadly, but i still hope it will resurface on its own when i got everything unpacked again.

speaking of lonely nights in hotels, i got 3 more watchfaces ready and just now finished all requested changes to my pull requested from two weeks ago.

Hope you like them as much as i had fun doing them

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Thanks!

I hope your lenok will resurface and just needed a quick time out (chrhr) and a nap somewhere deep in a pocket.

The new ones look very nice, as well. You really have an eye for this stuff!
___

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by velox View Post
Thanks!

I hope your lenok will resurface and just needed a quick time out (chrhr) and a nap somewhere deep in a pocket.

The new ones look very nice, as well. You really have an eye for this stuff!
Still getting into the matter

By now, every watchface i did was just finding out a new way to display time (arc, bars, segments, etc) and make up a design from those possibilities while trying to hold the code together

I still have not accomplished all i got in mind.
e.g. the new sporty-round was supposed to have segmented hour arcs (one for every hour) but i could not get the arcs to "devide" correctly using a for-loop. The yellow minute segments are just thick lines from center and thus the technique can not be used for bigger/longer segments imho.

I drew the analogie to "80s synthesizer music" and my current approach doing watchfaces the other night.
Back in the 80s, popular music mainly consisted of musicians being equiped with new toys (synth, sampler, etc) and trying out their possibilities. Most song where made with "look what kind of new sound i found" in mind and lacked overall planning. Thus they sound naiv nowadays. it took years for musicians to just use this equipement in full potential and not being influenced by wow effects.

If i exhausted all possibilities i plan to do a kind of tutorial with all code examples properly explained.
Maybe then i will start from actually having a design/mockup/sketch and forge it into a watchface, as a design process would usually go ahead.

EDIT, my pull request got merged while i was typing \o/. Thanks for guiding me Florent Revest!

Last edited by mosen; 2018-02-19 at 10:01. Reason: possibilities, possibilities, possibilities

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Congratulations for the merge! Now you are a developer and contributer!

By the way (sorry, a bit off topic – maybe we should start a more general "Asteroid Contribution/Dev" thread?), have you managed to install the SDK and build/deploy apps with qt creator as described in the docs?
For me, only command line compilation kind of worked, but my already installed qt creator might have been to blame for that. When at some point apps can interact with apps on the phone and Accelerometer is working (it's not when testing with watch faces), I'd love to make a "slumber extension" for the watch.

cheers!
___

I am now only using the editor in qt-creator and have not set up sdk knowingly.

If only "we" (as in not me obviously, but community) could help florent with his "starfish" / sfos client for Asteroid. It would be already killer to only have the limited functionality of AsteroidOSSync android client for sailfish.
Further, i have the strong feeling that Rockpool might be of great use while coding an sfos client as the sfos side, eg. collecting notifications and uploading stuff to the watch has already been catered.

I see, we're keeping him busy.
I've opened an issue for starfish, as well.

edit: already closed. nice.
___

Last edited by velox; 2018-02-19 at 13:44.

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2018 @ Marion, IL
Great watchfaces!

I'd love to see Sailfish on a watch like in the demo video they made, but I've been a fan of Asteroid for a while now (and did the Georgian translation for it). I'm happy to see some interest in a sync client for Sailfish. When testers are needed, I'll be glad to try it!

Until then, a Sailfish themed watchface might be interesting if any of you could make one.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to saba For This Useful Post:
Welcome to TMO saba!

The only sailfish watch related watchface i tried is the one attached.
It is a rough recreation of the one jolla uses on bass/g-watch-urbane in promo fotos https://blog.jolla.com/watch/,but with a different font-type than jolla uses.
I made it to find out how to mask layers with text so the background image shines through.
It is not finished but i plan to release with my next pull-request to unofficial repo.
I would need some more hints what you expect from a specific sfos design. I guess it is about the font type mainly?

EDIT, regarding watches. my lenok is gone and i just bought bass for 99€ from a slowakian guy. HINT HINT: There is another bass/LG Urbane i found without bids on german ebay, starting at 79€ or 115€ direkt buy.
Attached Images

Last edited by mosen; 2018-02-25 at 23:24. Reason: updated ebay link

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2018 @ Marion, IL
I was thinking something with SailfishOS logo in the center, similar to the ones with the AsteroidOS logo. Maybe the same blue color for font which is the default for Sailfish(font color from Freedom ambience, I think) and with an all black background would be nice, IMO.

I'm getting a new computer next week! Maybe I'll try to make some sometime after I get it.

right now, I only have the LG G Watch. I'd like to get something with a round face.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to saba For This Useful Post: