Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
Hey there.
I am a 16gb black n9-owner and I am looking for good phone for my mother. I have accidentally found a new Nokia n9 cian on the ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Nokia-N9...item2a2816daf8
It is very cheap and it is from Hong Kong. I don't wanna huff somebody who lives in China, but I have a strong feeling about devices made in China.
How do you think, should I buy it? Can I trust quality of chinese N9?

The Following User Says Thank You to Kroll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Switzerland
There's always a certain risk to buy such things over a platform like Ebay. But seems that the seller already has been active for longer, having positive reviews & even offer warranty (even though idk how that works on ebay). The price is rather cheap - but you probably won't be able to sell such a N9 for over $300. So overall that offer looks all right to me.

The Chinese & Finish production don't vary significantly - to the end-user it's the same product of same quality (we're talking of course of original phones ;-) ). What could be a problem is the installed firmware: In case it's the Chinese one you won't have any Facebook, Twitter & co. A firmware flash to another country code would be necessary.

Good luck with your decision - but if you feel it's to risky, rather pay some more and get it from somewhere else.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to almamo For This Useful Post:
Thank you almamo.

Is it possible to flash Chinese N9 with European firmware? Do N9 Chinese and Finish hardware vary?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
Thank you almamo.

Is it possible to flash Chinese N9 with European firmware? Do N9 Chinese and Finish hardware vary?
Flashing Chinese N9 with European FW is possible but gets tricky at times due to the cmt part of the rootfs.bin file; if its a 001 pr legacy Chinese variant you shouldn't have any issues but if its a 006 or 009, I can't remember which exactly, then you may or may not face an issue...

Maybe contact the seller and ask for the FW version number?

Chinese & Finnish HW may not really differ; there are some who report Finnish sets have better buttons while others say the same about Chinese sets but its mostly about the batch so you won't have an issue if its original... If its a newer production batch you are in pretty good footing too...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Thank you thedead1440!

Anyway i am looking for phone which will in use by my mom, who never uses Twitter and almost does not use Facebook (here in Russia we have another social network vk.com).

Thanks y'all for advice, I appreciate it.

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
Watch out for counterfeits, as inventories for n9 deplete Scammers Will Show More. Its Hard to return things to China.

The Following User Says Thank You to balisingh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
Originally Posted by balisingh View Post
Watch out for counterfeits, as inventories for n9 deplete Scammers Will Show More. Its Hard to return things to China.
you mean the dual sim java clones right?

They're pretty good on ebay about listing these.

The Following User Says Thank You to bingomion For This Useful Post: