Closed Thread
Not yet, they must be processing the long list still

The Following User Says Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
Not yet, they must be processing the long list still
Given how Apple's entire corporate strategy revolves around copying features from other smartphones, it's not in Jolla's interests to reveal a lot of this until June.

Indeed, they might not even have finalised the SoC yet.

It's not just Apple. BB OS 10 has all but cloned Harmattan.

The Following User Says Thank You to _David_ For This Useful Post:
Why specifically June? I don't remember them talking about any months, except may be something about Q1 (and that's only about the SDK).

Some of the questions are possibly against their interests to answer yet, while others aren't. I'm sure they can find something in that list to answer on at this time already.

Last edited by shmerl; 2013-01-24 at 23:37.

The Following User Says Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Why specifically June? I don't remember them talking about any months, except may be something about Q1 (and that's only about the SDK).
Apologies, looks like I was misinformed.

They're actually talking about this quarter:

@NokiaN9stuff We will introduce the 1st Jolla product during this quarter of the year.
https://twitter.com/JollaMobile/stat...61581395603456

SDK isn't a product is it?

Interesting finance-oriented article. Jolla think they only need to sell 200,000 phones to break even:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/parmyols...d-alternative/

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
It's not so easy to sell 200k devices.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by _David_ View Post
Apologies, looks like I was misinformed.

They're actually talking about this quarter:

https://twitter.com/JollaMobile/stat...61581395603456

SDK isn't a product is it?
They've said constantly that they'll reveal much more about the product[s]* (possibly everything), & the entire dev. approach/methodology during Q1.
They've said people will be able to start ordering the product[s] during or at the end of Summer (northern hemisphere).
But that will only be in a very limited number of countries, China being one of them...
They haven't said anything about some sort of online ordering system for people who aren't in those countries, many are hoping they will offer something like that.

*most info. has pointed to there only being 1x device for starters.

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-01-25 at 08:57.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Switzerland
@shmerl I also don't remember them talking about June. But they've mentioned to start selling first phones "before summer 2013" (what market that will be is unknown...maybe even China first?). So probably June came up since the astronomical summer begins towards the end of that month...who knows. Personally I wouldn't expect anything before that though, rather end of summer as mentioned by jalyst.

@jalyst I'm sure Jolla will lift some secrets (including developer infos & programs) on February 25-28 - not only Marc Dillon will be present there. Before that probably not. Hopefully we'll also hear more about market availability. We only know that US won't have a priority initially, but what about/where/how in Europe etc?

With a low BEP of 200'000 devices (depending if initial distribution costs are included) we certainly won't be able to just walk into every network operator store and get a Jolla phone

The Following User Says Thank You to almamo For This Useful Post:
Stskeeps said that Jolla is working on the questions list, so we just need to wait.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Stskeeps said that Jolla is working on the questions list, so we just need to wait.
Waiting...

Damn it. I forgot to ask if sailfish handles .m4b?

Everybody freeze!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-01-27 at 21:54.

Closed Thread

Tags
jolla, nokia-again?, not-so-open, totally closed, zipper is open