Just got the update, installed fine then powered down as normal.

Now my device won't boot. Nothing. Starts up, nokia screen is displayed then device seems to power down.

I'm attempting to reflash but I'm getting an error

A FIASCO image has already been loaded.

Anyone any ideas, I'm fuming here

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warren, MI, USA
heh...I uninstalled EVERYTHING off my N900 before I did this update. Mostly because it wouldn't do an OTA update at first. I disabled all other repos, and removed all 3rd party apps, and poof it worked perfectly. Maybe there was something you had installed that really made the update mad?

Pr1.1 did not brick your n900. You did.

What are you using to flash?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arctine For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Arctine View Post
Pr1.1 did not brick your n900. You did.

What are you using to flash?
I'm a bit confused here, how does allowing an over the air update make me responsible for the device not booting?!

I've just tried the Windows CLI flasher with binary from here - http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php

although I'm now about to give it a try using the deb file on Ubuntu Karmic as I trust it more. Just waiting for the files to finish downloading

Posts: 345 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Reunion Island

We have 3 n900s here at work, and two of them updated just fine. The third did something similar to what you describe. My colleague tried re-flashing it to the Pr1.1 image, and again had the same behavior. He has now re-flashed it to the original image (Pr 1.0?) and it works again.

Posts: 345 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Reunion Island
am i helping you ? x)

Managed to get the flasher to work with Ubuntu.

As feydrutha said, I had to go back to the original image as pr1.1 wouldn't take.

Its sorted now anyway, now to try and get it to actually update!

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna
Hoi jaxx. I'm the lucky guy feydrutha mentioned. After installing Pr1.1 i had the same behaviour you mentioned: Nokia screen, no dots, and a shutdown afterwards. If connected to external power, it repeats everything over and over again.

Before the update i had some stuff installed. Nothing fancy, except maybe some apps from the extras repo (but no devel-stuff). You know.. n900fly and the like.

So far i tried the following:
- Flashed to RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.42-11_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin --> Works again, most settings still there.

Deleted some files from MyDocs i though could be responsible and updated again (over the air) --> dead
- Flashed directly to: RX-51_2009SE_2.2009.51-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin --> Dead

So i thought it must be something in the /home/user, so i flashed
RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.41-1.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin (Resets MyDocs and the user home) and flashed RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.42-11_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin --> works again and looks like fresh from the factory.
Flashed RX-51_2009SE_2.2009.51-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin --> dead
Backflashed to RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.42-11_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin --> works.
Updated over the air --> dead
Backflashed to RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.42-11_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin --> works.

I think there is no permutation i missed ;-) It must be a problem with the device.

So tomorrow i'll take the pleasure and visit my local "Nokia Care Point", ask them if they would be so kind and install the latest update and see what happens. Meanwhile i can really recommend the Sony Ericsson K510i. With this device you can actually make phone calls.

Cheers, WD

The Following User Says Thank You to wongdong For This Useful Post:
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna
Oh and Arctine..... nonsense. He did nothing wrong.

The Following User Says Thank You to wongdong For This Useful Post: