Posts: 304 | Thanked: 235 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Manila
Originally Posted by mramkumar7 View Post
Hi,

I found an Update available for "Maemo 5 Community SSU Package 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1"

But i am unable to update to this package, When i click on Details i see the below...

In summary TAB
This maemo update requires nokia pc suite on your pc for installation, Connect device to pc via USB cable and open Nokia PC Suite. The application will guide you through the res of the maemo update.

This keeps showing even though the device is connected to pc and pc suite is running.

In Problems TAB
Unable to Update "Maemo 5 Community SSU Package"
Application packages missing : maemosec-certman-applet(>=0.1.4+0m5)
libmaemosec-certman-applet0(>=0.1.4+0m5)

================================================== ==
Currently the SSU version available in my device is

20.2010.36-2maemo16.8

Can someone let me know if the package is installable, if so then what could be the problem in my device which requires to be looked at...

Thanks in Advance

Regards,
Ramkumar M
is your Nokia SSU catalog enabled? I had the same problem on the missing certman packages, then I realized I have disabled the Nokia SSR catalog in HAM.

I always have that "use Nokia PC suite" problem whenever updating CSSU. This is due to conflicting packages specifically libqt4-test. do you have the same problem? then use apt-get install libqt4-test (or whatever that package is)

then you will be fine. read the wiki especially the installation part, everything is there.

The Following User Says Thank You to kent_autistic For This Useful Post:
Hi MAG

The update to testing flavor release went fine but has not fixed Modest crashes, Modest is completely unusable, it does not even open?

How can resolve this issue? Revert to older version of Modest?

thanks

Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
CSSU update is out
Changelog:
  • Added Qt DigiNotar blacklists.
  • Fixed modest crashes.
  • Fixed camera-ui corrupting videos after switching to background while recording.
  • Fixed camera-ui overwriting user data.
  • Fixed portrait wallpapers in hildon-home.
  • CSSU rebased on top of official PR1.3.1 release.

Version is 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1

This is the first release that will hopefully be followed by a stable release, the T in the version string stands for testing.

The settings applet (About CSSU) in control panel now shows what flavor you have installed.

Keep in mind that changing between either flavors requires a reflash, but more about that later when the stable version's out.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by zenit View Post
Hi MAG

The update to testing flavor release went fine but has not fixed Modest crashes, Modest is completely unusable, it does not even open?

How can resolve this issue? Revert to older version of Modest?

thanks
Any chance to install debug libraries and gdb and provide crash backtrace?

@MohammadAG - I don't see debian/changelog for tinymail on gitorious, please make sure libtinymail .deb distributed trough CSSU contains latest patches. Because as it seems from the reports so far it does not.

Last edited by freemangordon; 2011-11-21 at 07:43.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
I have never done it before, can you provide me some links or steps to do it.

thanks

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Any chance to install debug libraries and gdb and provide crash backtrace?

@MohammadAG - I don't see debian/changelog for tinymail on gitorious, please make sure libtinymail .deb distributed trough CSSU contains latest patches. Because as it seems from the reports so far it does not.

Will be there any official flash images from nokia?

The latest Nokia update will also include a fixed security control panel applet, this will be pulled into the CSSU right after it’s released publicly so the CSSU can be right back on track.

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 259 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Cambridge, England
Hi

I'm currently on PR1.3 and I haven't updated any apps/ packages for months! I kept on ignoring the flashing update icon. Last month I finally got round to installing the Maemo 5 update, but it stopped because the battery was low.

Today I've tried to update to PR1.3.1, but the update has gone! I've tried the update from the application manager, but it appears PR1.3.1 has gone from Nokia's SSU repo. PR1.3.1 isn't available from the http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php either, only PR1.3 and earlier. I also tried apt-get distro-upgrade but this didn't show any Maemo 5 update, only that it wanted to remove loads of packages, so I aborted this.

I wonder if Nokia's SSU repo address has changed. As a check, please could someone tell me what the Nokia SSU repo web address should be?

thanks
Rich

Consider updating to cSSU. It has the 1.3.1 update 'rolled in'.

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by richie View Post
installing the Maemo 5 update, but it stopped because the battery was low.
Always a bad idea to install sth with low battery, especially critical (like OS) updates.

Today I've tried to update to PR1.3.1, but the update has gone! I've tried the update from the application manager, but it appears PR1.3.1 has gone from Nokia's SSU repo.
Did you check in HAM in installed section about entry "Maemo5 security update" or what is the output of
Code:
dpkg -l | grep mp-fre
?
If same like
Code:
~ $ dpkg -l|grep mp-fre
ii  mp-fremantle-generic-pr                             21.2011.38-1
you hopefully are on PR1.3.1.
You may also check System Settings About and see which version (PR1.3.1 --> 21.2011.38-1 is displayed.

PR1.3.1 isn't available from the http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php either,
It has never been and probably (surely ) will never do so, afaik.

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 259 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Cambridge, England
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Did you check in HAM in installed section about entry "Maemo5 security update" or what is the output of
Code:
dpkg -l | grep mp-fre
?
Hi

The output is,

mp-fremantle-203-pr 20.2010.36-2.203.1

HAM doesn't list the Maemo 5 update as installed or available to install. I suppose either my N900 got confused when I aborted the install last month, or with all the changes at Nokia, the update has been deleted from the repo servers.

Rich

Tags
security