Posts: 112 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on May 2010 @ New Zealand
Hi guys, for all those of you that have the app "HealthCheck" installed, please do me this favor (if you don't have it, download it anyway coz it's a good app).

Please check these 3 things for me:

N900 Board
N900 Board Ver
Processor Information

When you launch Health Check, there should be 4 tabs. Those 3 above are under the "System" tab, and is located at the very bottom.

Also, please indicate whether your keyboard has the smooth keys or the rough texture feel to it.

The reason is because I have an older version of N900, and have been having problems with it lately. I posted this be4 but just a quick summary, I bought my first N900 in April, sold it after using it for 2 months, and then bought another N900 (2nd one) coz i missed it. But this time, I've got what appears to be an older version. Newer version have the rough-texture keyboards, while the older ones have the smoother keyboard.

I can definitely tell there's a difference between the 2, and now i've been having a few minor issues with my current one, whereas i didn't have any with my first N900.

Thanks.

Last edited by chaoscreater; 2010-08-16 at 04:13.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
N900 board: Nokia RXX-51 board
N900 Board ver: 2101
Processor Info: ARMv7 Processor rev 3 (v71)

There you go bro! I hope this is what you want aye!

thanks man. I forgot to ask, does your keyboard have smooth keys or have a rough texture feel to it?

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
N900 Board: Noxia RX-51 board
N900 Board Ver: 2101
Processor Information: ARMv7 Processor rev 3(v71)

And my keys feel quite smooth

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ New Zealand

My keys feel smooth.

I have only had this N900 1 month after it was replaced as the original died. I would have expected it to be a new version. Seems not I guess. It stopped picking up 2G/GSM and had all sorts of power issues. This one seems really good.

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by jedi View Post

And my keys feel quite smooth

same here bought late march in uk...

Originally Posted by Asterixnz View Post

My keys feel smooth.

I have only had this N900 1 month after it was replaced as the original died. I would have expected it to be a new version. Seems not I guess. It stopped picking up 2G/GSM and had all sorts of power issues. This one seems really good.

Did your first one have the same keyboard??

Mine is the same as all of yours, and mine is the smooth keyboard, so i'm guessing there really is a difference. I'll have to check with someone who has the newer version though, so far it seems everyone has the smooth keyboard.....

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
My key feel smooth though. I don't have problems with mine, I got it since November 2009 lol.

reflashing both emmc and OS then you'll not have any problems

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Montpellier, France
It's possible that there are 2 different manufacturers for the keyboard, which would explain the differences... I don't think that the keyboard could be in any way linked with a revision of the motherboard... And I don't think there will ever be a new revision of the N900, it's dead hardware, that's all.