Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by zaidk9 View Post
can anyone tell me how to install opera mini
"Use your device’s default Web browser to visit the address m.opera.com."

Originally Posted by zaidk9 View Post
can anyone tell me how to install opera mini
If you follow the instructions in the OP you'll get OM 6.5 and 7.0 as well as some other Java apps on your N900.

EDIT: frankly the OM's performance is disappointing, better use the native Opera Mobile browser.

Last edited by Val Demar; 2013-01-14 at 18:40.

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Austria
Originally Posted by h0dges View Post
One more thing:

One thing I tried to do was "transplant" the java db files from my old phone onto the new phone (having figured out which set belonged to Google Maps), however, that didn't work.

My thinking was that there most likely is a boolean variable stored in a database file that determines whether the user has accepted the T&Cs or not. If it could be flipped then it may circumvent this issue (assuming it's a T&C download error? 404?)
maybe the settings are stored in the .jar itself?

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Austria
Originally Posted by h0dges View Post
Do you know of any alternative apps that provide mapping from Google?

I know Mobile GMaps used to but they had to remove support and now "only" provide Live, OSM, Yahoo. I wonder if it can be added in.

The thing I'll miss the most is the step-by-step direction instructions.

P.S. Cheers for the fast reply.
the search engine doesnt work for me...

hi, I am a noob
but I want this app so much
I opened the googlemaps.desktop file typing in terminal: nano googlemaps.desktop, and replaced all nimbuzz words to googlemaps.desktop, but I don't know how to save this changes
there is no menu to access and select save
how can I close this file and save all changes?
please help

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Ipoh, Malaysia
Ctrl+O to save changes
Ctrl+X to exit

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Makassar INDONESIA
Originally Posted by igorriok View Post
hi, I am a noob
but I want this app so much
I opened the googlemaps.desktop file typing in terminal: nano googlemaps.desktop, and replaced all nimbuzz words to googlemaps.desktop, but I don't know how to save this changes
there is no menu to access and select save
how can I close this file and save all changes?
please help
wow, this is my 1st visit after the site was down.

It seems this app still in demand but unfortunately is not working anymore as val_demar said (so save your effort for this moment)

Posts: 697 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Hillerød, DK
Originally Posted by semdev01 View Post
I've made an update in the instruction, for Google Maps w/ Latitude (GPS) or you can download here -> https://sites.google.com/site/samsun...edirects=0&d=1, extract & don't forget renaming to googlemaps.jar (all small caps)
Help! I have followed the procedure including #6 from toebaer but no icon shows up at my homescreen?
Trying to execute googlemaps.desktop from /usr/share/applications/hildon the app loading but loading Terms and Conditions every time ends up with an
'Unknown error'
'Serious error. Please exit and restart'

Last edited by Garp; 2013-01-28 at 11:39.

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Makassar INDONESIA
the error is not on your side but google changed something in their maps causing its java client is not working anymore (see post #46 -> http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...2&postcount=46)

The Following User Says Thank You to semdev01 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Hillerød, DK
Originally Posted by semdev01 View Post
the error is not on your side but google changed something in their maps causing its java client is not working anymore (see post #46 -> http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...2&postcount=46)
OK Thanks!
But have you any idea why no desktop icon is created.
I have looked into both nimbuzz.desktop and the facebook.desktop and they look eacxtly the same besides the name of cource and the fact that I needed to change the Exec line to end with facebook.jar (instead of .jad), but then the Icon showed up at homescreen (months ago).
But here with googlemaps no matter using .jad or .jar no icon shows up on homescreen!

Sorry I'm getting too old. I forgot my own lesson handling facebook.desktop a little more than a month ago:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...9&postcount=60
meaning to copy the googlemaps.desktop file into /usr/share/applications/ too and icon is fine on homescreen!

Last edited by Garp; 2013-01-28 at 16:31.