hey,
Does anyone know how i can download and install the Formula1 2011 application for live timing and everything about formula1 2011., which streams real time data directly to my phone from formula1 management's technical center at race track ???!
Cause i tried to download from the website but the N900 is not included in the list ???!!
Thanks

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Texas
I believe there are 2 possibilities, one to run the official application in java (complicated but possible), searchable thread should be on here.

Second to down the Live-F1application from the Repos (easy).

Could you please be more specific with the second solution ?!
What is Repos ?!
Thanks

I'm pretty sure its in Extras-Devel, Its a pretty neat little application if your on the move but want to keep up to date with the race.

Warning Notice: If you don't know what Extras-Devel is, Its probably not best to use it. Programs are quite often buggy and still in early development.

I have a feeling the F1 app was never updated for 2011 and it doesn't just work "out of the box" even if down loaded from the repos.

There was another thread about this on TMO at the start of the F 2011 season.

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
It got updated in the end:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...2&postcount=51
and I can confirm that it works.

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
The F1 live timing app works just fine.

ESPN makes a nice Formula 1 app for Symbian phones, made with Qt, but they did not compile a Maemo version so there's nothing we can do about it.

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Texas
Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
I have a feeling the F1 app was never updated for 2011 and it doesn't just work "out of the box" even if down loaded from the repos.

There was another thread about this on TMO at the start of the F 2011 season.
If was fixed, I've been using it this year. You just install, setup a username on a website (formula1.com, I think) then use that login with the application.

The application is in Extra-Devel, so you have to enable that, but installing applications from Extra-Devel has risks as stated above.

Extras Details here: http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras

Last edited by siperkin; 2011-06-21 at 21:28.

I have already installed the extras to my N900 and it appeared in my Application catalogues but i don know how to install the F1 2011 application through that

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by BishoyEmil View Post
I have already installed the extras to my N900 and it appeared in my Application catalogues but i don know how to install the F1 2011 application through that
He meant to link Extras-devel.
The application is Live-F1.