I would but if I was going to spend that much, I would have just bought another N900...lol...but I'm too poor atm to be spending that much...and Android's browser suck pretty bad...

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London UK
You not got the tracking application that tells you where it is? oh no thats on Android....

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 214 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cape town
Random idea, normally provider's GPRS networks are NAT'd off from the outside world, so you'd obviously need your providers help with this one.

They shouldn't have a problem tracking the IMEI, and seeing what tower it is connected to, and if there is an ongoing GPRS session (more than likely). Then provided you had SSH installed on your phone, speak to the right people, SSH into your phone, and run a few commands taking pictures, scanning for wifi networks, and getting the GPS co-ordinates.

so what does this iamhere app do and i'm guessing it's in extras DEV??? i haven't put that repository on my device as i'm a n00b and even though there's hundreds of threads now about how to flash your device, i still won't do it and at this moment in time, my phone is working perfectly (bar vodafone's dodgy data pricing plan as of june 2010!!).

Originally Posted by cb22 View Post
Random idea, normally provider's GPRS networks are NAT'd off from the outside world, so you'd obviously need your providers help with this one.

They shouldn't have a problem tracking the IMEI, and seeing what tower it is connected to, and if there is an ongoing GPRS session (more than likely). Then provided you had SSH installed on your phone, speak to the right people, SSH into your phone, and run a few commands taking pictures, scanning for wifi networks, and getting the GPS co-ordinates.
I don't know about all that...I mean looking for a phone? I don't know if Tmobile USA will try to find a phone for me, especially one I didn't even buy from them...lol...but that would be awesome to do...I do have ssh in my phone...but I'm pretty sure it's a lost cause now...

Nokia won't do anything. What can they do?

You just need to call t-mobile and get that sim canceled. That is all you can do. Cell phones are never found. Cops don't go around checking imei's.