Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
i just checked the files in the zip i uploaded, an they are all using /home/user/custom_brightness_settings

can someone else confirm that there should be an error here....

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
I was using the beecon from original (checksum failed), maybe your updated version has more recent settings. In that case new user should not have any problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by stlpaul View Post
I was using the beecon from original (checksum failed), maybe your updated version has more recent settings. In that case new user should not have any problem.
ahh thank you for clearing that up, i really try to make things work well and that error was weird since i used the same install as the zip with the working widgets.

so to everybody else, false alarm
should work without any problems.

How to install custom brightness

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2010-10-22 at 22:57.

Still looking for testers to this mod, would like to know if there is no more bugs, besides the "fade" thing

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2010-10-23 at 08:38.

-- bumping the thread... --

- Update -
Added 2 new beecon's to the zip.
instead of 4 levels these 2 are to increase or decrease the brightness, and still it saves settings like the other 4 levels.

as default they change the brightness with steps of 20+/-, witch gives 13 steps, and they are setup to go from values 1 - 255, value 0 turns backlight off completely so i cap it at 1.

After import of beecon widgets values can be changed to allow 0 brightness or steps of 10+/- or whatever is needed
Attached Images

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2010-10-23 at 22:44.

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Somewhere on earth
I am totally lost and not working. i just want my phone back to normal. How can i uninstall it. i did the command, and installed queen beecon, please tell me the command how to erase everthing to normal. thanks

Originally Posted by covid View Post
I am totally lost and not working. i just want my phone back to normal. How can i uninstall it. i did the command, and installed queen beecon, please tell me the command how to erase everthing to normal. thanks
something tells me that you did not do the install correctly. but here is the guide

steps to uninstall is:
hopefully you backed up /etc/mce/mce.ini, if you didn't you just need to add 'filter-brightness-als;' (remember to add ; ) to "Modules="

delete:
/etc/event.d/custom_brightness_event.d
/etc/init.d/custom_brightness_init.d

then press 1 of the 5 normal brightness steps before you reboot
- reboot needed for Light Sensor to take effekt
-----------------
but just for checking what you did to install:
did you:
Terminal
Code:
sudo gainroot
cd / %folder% /custom_brightness
sh ./install
then edit /etc/mce/mce.ini and remove 'filter-brightness-als;' (remember ; )
add the beecon widgets

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 44 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Somewhere on earth
Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
something tells me that you did not do the install correctly. but here is the guide

steps to uninstall is:
hopefully you backed up /etc/mce/mce.ini, if you didn't you just need to add 'filter-brightness-als;' (remember to add ; ) to "Modules="

delete:
/etc/event.d/custom_brightness_event.d
/etc/init.d/custom_brightness_init.d

then press 1 of the 5 normal brightness steps before you reboot
- reboot needed for Light Sensor to take effekt
-----------------
but just for checking what you did to install:
did you:
Terminal
Code:
sudo gainroot
cd / %folder% /custom_brightness
sh ./install
then edit /etc/mce/mce.ini and remove 'filter-brightness-als;' (remember ; )
add the beecon widgets
ok let me keep the uninstall guide as a side and try again. however, did custom brigtness can bright the screen more than level 5 default? cos i what i want. if the max of your custom brighness just the same and just have more dynamic way to control the brightness, i think it okay for me.

if you can find the way to increase loudspeaker volume, that would be great, cos it too low compare to my N95 which is twice louder.

thanks so much.
covid

Originally Posted by covid View Post
ok let me keep the uninstall guide as a side and try again. however, did custom brigtness can bright the screen more than level 5 default? cos i what i want. if the max of your custom brighness just the same and just have more dynamic way to control the brightness, i think it okay for me.

if you can find the way to increase loudspeaker volume, that would be great, cos it too low compare to my N95 which is twice louder.

thanks so much.
covid
not the best english but ill try my best to answer questions as im reading them.
the L4 brightness in the custom brightness is the same as level 5 and it is as bright as the screen can get.
I personally think it's to bright but i included it in the install so users will have it for that day when the sun is in your back.
The best brightness level is around 160 (custom L3) it is not to bright to look at and really brings out the colors of the screen and make small text (teminal / inet) easy on the eyes.

The N95 is louder than the N900, but the N900 has the best sound i have heard so far from such small speakers, it of course uses some processing power making sure that the sound quality is really good, if you have conky installed or use TOP you will notice that pulseaudio is using some 20% just playing music....
I have read here in the forums somewhere that there is a mod for pulseaudio that makes it louder.

Tags
brightness, display, light sensor, screen