So, after I modded /usr/share/applications/hildon/applications.dir and changed Name= to what I wanted it to be the device is stuck in a reboot cycle. Can anyone post up what the file should contain please? I forgot to create a backup >8(
Thanks.

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 304 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Milton Keynes, UK
hi andrew,

mine reads

Name=tana_fi_applications

hope that helps.

The Following User Says Thank You to jamiefuller For This Useful Post:
Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
I did more or less the same thing by changing Games to Entertainment. I reflashed firmware but that did not help.
I ended up having to reflash Emmc. Luckily I had a backup on my laptop so restored everything.
Which file in Applications dir did you change the name of and I will have a look.

Many thanks, Now I just need to try and change it on ssh before it reboots again :|

Originally Posted by casper27 View Post
I did more or less the same thing by changing Games to Entertainment. I reflashed firmware but that did not help.
I ended up having to reflash Emmc. Luckily I had a backup on my laptop so restored everything.
Which file in Applications dir did you change the name of and I will have a look.
It was applications.directory

Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
Many thanks, Now I just need to try and change it on ssh before it reboots again :|
One thing I noticed after I first flashed the firmware was if I connected the N900 to the laptop in Mass storage mode it stopped it rebooting long enough to connect to home wifi. Did not help me as when I reflashed it got rid of ssh but I suppose if you have not got that far you should be able to get in there before it reboots.

The Following User Says Thank You to casper27 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by casper27 View Post
One thing I noticed after I first flashed the firmware was if I connected the N900 to the laptop in Mass storage mode it stopped it rebooting long enough to connect to home wifi. Did not help me as when I reflashed it got rid of ssh but I suppose if you have not got that far you should be able to get in there before it reboots.
Best of all is that i can't remember the phones ip lol

Go on your laptop/computer. Connect to the router and it wil show you connnected devices and their ip.

RootSSH ain't even connecting. Looks like a emmc flash is on the table for me too :/

Ouch sorry mate, did you make a backup as reflashing Emmc resets it to factory settings.
You 100% sure you got right ip ect..