source: http://techbuzzblog.com/tech/2010/11...ected-app.html

The Seattle Times reports that iPad developer Ram Arumugam e-mailed Steve Jobs over his frustration of having his iPad application rejected. The app, Economy for iPad, was rejected due to Arumugam’s use of private API’s to fix a bug he encountered with the iPad OS’s keyboard controls. Two hours after receiving the developer’s e-mail, Steve Jobs gave him a call to discuss the app rejection.

A couple of hours after I sent the email, I was at a noisy soccer (for kids) arena when I heard my iPhone ring. The caller-id, the caller saying “Ram, this is Steve” and that he was calling from Apple did suggest that it could really be Steve Jobs. He confirmed it when I asked.

After speaking with Jobs Arumugam updated his iPad application to remove the private code, not allowed by Apple, and it was quickly accepted into the App Store. Now it’s the #1 selling financial iPad application. “Imagine what a [call] could do.”
This story proves how much of a hands-on CEO Steve Jobs really is. First, he actually replies to his customer’s e-mails (never ever mine though) and now he actually calls them back to take care of matters. Maybe Jobs was just caring through since Arumugam left Microsoft to create an iOS app development company.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to windows7 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
That proves nothing but the fact that Jobs is an a-sexual megalomaniac man... Why does he butt-in in such matters?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to efekt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by efekt View Post
That proves nothing but the fact that Jobs is an a-sexual megalomaniac man... Why does he butt-in in such matters?
probably another marketing move to make him look good...

here is a ipad developer with an opposite situation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaZsQUO-EnE

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
ok , go on

*grabs popcorn*

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
This topic doesn't have enough flaimbait. I suspect it will die shortly. It clearly needed a, "NOKIA (or ANDROID, or whatever) DOESN'T DO THIS!" to at least get a reaction.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
This topic doesn't have enough flaimbait. I suspect it will die shortly. It clearly needed a, "NOKIA (or ANDROID, or whatever) DOESN'T DO THIS!" to at least get a reaction.
Actually your appearance should do the trick, Mr. L. Rod.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Actually it's probably more likely to die because it's completely and utterly pointless and already shot down with a counter experience.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to richwhite For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by richwhite View Post
Actually it's probably more likely to die because it's completely and utterly pointless and already shot down with a counter experience.
...and thus balance was restored to the continuum.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Actually your appearance should do the trick, Mr. L. Rod.
Say "TEAM RAMROD"! Say "TEAM RAMROD"!
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

i will write a e-mail to nokia asking if the would be PR1.4, maybe the president call me and i would appear on an article too.

Grettings.

Tags
steve jobs, stupidity, troll alert, trololololol