Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Wow! Just wow! Waiting for the phonecalls to work which seems it is muhh closer and this brigthened my year!

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Would something like this work with N900? Thinking of 3D printed backcover with space for it.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...f_=as_li_ss_tl

Yes, these are very good news!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to ric9K For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Would something like this work with N900? Thinking of 3D printed backcover with space for it.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...f_=as_li_ss_tl
I don't know of any USB modem that actually allows for audio routing, so it won't be useful for calls. For the N900 we'll just have to fix calls the proper way.

Quote from another thread.

Originally Posted by Wizzup_ View Post
The N900 still has some problems that need addressing:

* There is no audio in voice calls yet (or at least just one side)
* It doesn't idle properly, so the battery lasts for maybe 8 hours max

This will get fixed
I have no idea how many people are still using the N900, but I still prefer the hardware compared to my Droid4.
Use them both, so i certainly appreciate work spend on the Droid4 but hopefully the N900 will not be left unfinished. That said, I can totally understand if that happens anyway due to lack of time and shifting of priorities to more modern phones.

Congrats on the amazing progress on Maemo Leste it seems to be shaping up to become a solid daily driver. Thanks for the update!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to t-b For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
Originally Posted by t-b View Post
I have no idea how many people are still using the N900, but I still prefer the hardware compared to my Droid4.
Use them both, so i certainly appreciate work spend on the Droid4 but hopefully the N900 will not be left unfinished. That said, I can totally understand if that happens anyway due to lack of time and shifting of priorities to more modern phones
I feel exactly the same. I also have Droid 4 and I am already daily-driving it, with my work SIM - but there's just something about the N900 that makes it stand out regardless

I can assure you Wizzup and fmg would like to keep it supported, but yeah, there are a lot of things they need to work on, besides N900. If anyone else can help with N900, it will definitely be appreciated.

Maybe you can do something yourself to improve N900 support? I don't have much skill myself, but I am learning as I go along, and have been able to work on a couple of fixes that made it to the recent update post (e.g. make accelerometer work over IIO, get charger detection fixed, etc.)

Last edited by sicelo; 2023-01-15 at 06:55.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post:
Alo its great news btw any hint for running telegram-desktop on last image droid 4 , thks a lot

I have run telegram desktop with very early leste image. If I recall right in some point I needed to run things with sudo from terminal to get them launch (which of course should not be the case).

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
I have run telegram desktop with very early leste image. If I recall right in some point I needed to run things with sudo from terminal to get them launch (which of course should not be the case).
Its working Thank a Lot

Thia is "Maemo-Leste pre-alpha announcement"-thread...I just wondering that is there coming Maemo-Leste pre-beta announcement any time soon?

Tags
leste, maemo 7