Notices

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia
yah I didnt really check if they are free or not, I think its fine to sue it as ur nor using there APIs (xml)

And about adding English UI, im not sure really :\, there are heaps websites provides smiler service for free (even mobile apps), but at the same time not sure if there is any open one? if this is the only "open" provider then I think it has a good potential to success

thanks

Posts: 239 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
I'm not a developer nor designer so it's hard for me to give understandable examples but i try...

a lot of n9 apps work with the same basic ui which is aviable in white and black (take a look at wazapp, filebox, etc.)

would be nice to have this app also in such a smooth and clean ui... the one now is not what i like (but like your work don't worry)

i tried to make an example... doesn't look really good, but i think it shows well what i mean.

On top we see which league we are watching at the moment and on the left is a refresh button,

the results i would like to see like this. don't know whats the best to implement goals. maybe while tapping on the game it opens a new screen with game information like actual game time, goals, cards, players on the field (maybe you can add different sources if openligadb doesn't provide all information)

the icon on bottom could be used to come to a startscreen where we can choose between the leagues...if you do this add an option to the setting panel (start with league xy)

i hope it's understandable and possible for you to make the app like this... or you find some people who can help you
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to snooky For This Useful Post:
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 267 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Germany
Thanks for your suggestion, I will answer this later because I'm short of time. I just wanted to inform you, that MeeGoal passes QA and is now available at OVI-Store.

The Following User Says Thank You to EmaNymton For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by snooky View Post
I'm not a developer nor designer so it's hard for me to give understandable examples but i try...

SNIP

i hope it's understandable and possible for you to make the app like this... or you find some people who can help you
Ok, now I have a little bit more time to answer your suggestion.

First thanks for that!

The UI I choose for my application is based on two main reasons:

First of all I must say, that I love to swipe (like everyone who uses the N9). You don't have to hit the little buttons (that you miss maybe in the first time) to get other informations or things like that. So I tried to avoid buttons where ever it was possible and came to the three information screens (in reality it's nothing more than a horizontal listview with three elements, which contains vertical listviews) with additional swiping up/down to load pervious/next matchdays.

Second I didn't like to hide information, when it's not necessary. For example when you tap on a game in other applications there comes up another subwindow with more information like goalgetters and yellow/red cards or substitutes, but you loose the overview of the other games. In my application you see the mostly the rest of the matchday when viewing the goalgetters.

In your suggestion you waste a lot of space with the header. I tried to get one matchday on one page and show the actual league with a background image, so I have more space for the content, that means a higher font pointsize in this case.

Sadly I'm not allowed to use the icons of the leagues/clubs due to copyrights. I asked for permission but didn't get it.

So, that's my little explanation of my thoughts behind the UI, I hope you understand why I'm not going to change it in the way you suggested.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EmaNymton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 178 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Austria
Just installed from store

UI and swipe through screens looks good

let's see how it works this weekend

Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Hi EmaNymton,

first of all, thanks for this nice app!
I used it since first release and really like it.
It works pretty nice (only downside is that goals come in with quite some delay sometimes, but I understand nothing can be done here while OpenLiga is used as source).

I also like your general UI approach using Swipe and showing as much information as possible at once.
However, just like snooky I think it would be nice if the app would follow a bit closer the overall Harmattan UI concept.
With the mockups of main screen I created, I tried to preserve your navigation concept as well as your requirements like having a complete matchday on screen and reasonable fontsize (16pt for date and halftime results, 18pt for clubname and 20pt for standings/results), while adding the typical Harmattan top bar and have a clean, simple and elegant design.

Feedback is welcome by anyone, let me know what you like and what you donīt like or if you want to have something changed.

Btw, regarding icons, I found this: http://geb.german-elite.net/blog.php?b=117#comments
Well, pretty confusing if using icons is allowed or not, but as your app is not commercial, as far as I see, using the icons shouldnīt be an issue. Besides that, they mention this http://www.skimm.org/view-details/mi...2013-v5.0.html
Unfortunately those jersey icons, while free for use, seem to be only available for 1. Bundesliga!?
But maybe its better than nothing? Its your app... your decision...
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip Matchday1.zip (353.2 KB, 94 views)

QNeptunea -
Best Twitter Client for N9/N950 - HowTo Create Themes

Last edited by Reflektorfalke; 2012-10-20 at 13:40.

The Following User Says Thank You to Reflektorfalke For This Useful Post:
Some more suggestions for inspiration
Playing with adding some color highlighting for a more interesting / appealing look...
Different versions with highlighted in green:
- score of winning team
- name of winning team
- details flyout
- favorite team (also bold font)
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip Matchday_highlighted.zip (351.1 KB, 86 views)
File Type: zip Matchday_Detail_highlighted.zip (378.6 KB, 90 views)

QNeptunea -

Last edited by Reflektorfalke; 2012-10-20 at 13:39.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reflektorfalke For This Useful Post:
Thank you, looks very nice. I send you a PM!

The Following User Says Thank You to EmaNymton For This Useful Post:
Here we go with my suggestions for table-view.
(forum seems to compress uploaded images, which leads to bad quality, please see .zip files for better quality).

Any feedback is welcome ;-)
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip Table_1.zip (186.9 KB, 99 views)
File Type: zip Table_2.zip (378.3 KB, 94 views)

QNeptunea -

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reflektorfalke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 239 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Reflektorfalke View Post
Here we go with my suggestions for table-view.
(forum seems to compress uploaded images, which leads to bad quality, please see .zip files for better quality).

Any feedback is welcome ;-)
i like your suggestions... i mean yes to swipe is an harmattan thing, but apps it self should be in harmattan style as well, and there is no swiping...

looking forward to an update as it's a long time ago since the last one...