Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by Fecn View Post
Hi Webhamster - Thanks for all your hard work on AGTL - It's a fantasitc app which tempted me today to take my first steps into the world of geocaching.

I've been trying to work out for the last few hours whether I'm just being stupid, or if there's a problem with the app. It seems to insist that all co-ordinates entered are on easterly longitudes... As I live slap-bang on the grenwich meridian here, it's throwing off all my targets.

For example... Go into the GPS screen and pick 'Change Target'... Enter a Lat/Lon of N 51 19.243' W 0 02.065' and then click on OK....... The co-ordinates entered are changed to N 51 19.243' E 0 02.065.

The same behavior is seen within the calculator, with the longitude changing from W to E on the last step of the calculation.

From the main map, using the 'Use Centre as Target' correctly puts in westerly longitudes, but if you then go into the GPS screen, hit Set Target and then hit OK without changing anything, then the longitude switches to E and the target moves to the wrong place.

I spent a while staring at the python code this evening trying to work out where the change was taking place, but my wlan was being flakey and it was hard work reading the code on the n900's small screen - I decided I'd post instead.

Anyway.. thanks again for the great app. The co-ords bug didn't prevent me from finding the right place for the cache today
This bug is fixed for the next release, coming today or tomorrow.

Strength to strength, matey. Great work.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Merseyside
Double map size sounds a little excessive, if you can I would suggest probably 25% increase. (I wish my eyes were 20 years younger)
I too am having trouble with the map but agree that 25% would probably fix it.

I haven't tried to input any co-ords while out and about as we have a dedicated gpsr and have been using that, but will be trying it out soon.

Liking the idea that there will be links as sometimes you want to read more logs than the app allows.

I am finding the field notes work excellently. I use this a lot and its so easy to write your log and then upload them all in one go and then publish then either when you get home or back in the car and you have a minute. Works a treat.

I don't think my n900 has ever lost signal so hopefully that won't be a problem.

Trackables would be great if that could somehow be implemented.

I have been trying to use this when we go caching, which has been a few times last week and hopefully the same this week. It hasn't crashed on me and I haven't found anything that I would want to improve apart from the things above.

Looking forward to the new and improved version :-D

Keep up the most excellent work, very much appreciated.

Originally Posted by webhamster View Post
This bug is fixed for the next release, coming today or tomorrow.
Perfect.. I shall look forward with anticipation... there's about a dozen caches in the woods near my house, so I'll give the next version a good test. Thanks a million webhamster.

Version 0.6.0 hast just been uploaded to extras-devel. See the full changelog here.

Please shut this thread down and post new messages to the original thread.