Posts: 222 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Sydney Australia
G'day guys,
New to the forum, Linux & N900. I have a few apps loaded though think plenty of free space on my phone?
RootFS - 92.1mb
Home - 1.7gb
MyDocs - 25.2gb
Memory Card - 3gb
I have a few email accounts loaded and tried to open an attachment yesterday. The file was a 13kb tif and displayed
"NOT ENOUGH MEMORY TO DISPLAY IMAGE", whilst new to this phone I have had a E90 & X1 prior to this and both would be not struggle to open this. Any suggestions? Can we allocate more for the OS or something?
Any assistance would be much appreciated.

i got this also and im using pr 1.3

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Los Angeles, California
I just started experiencing this error also, my pictures folder also shows damaged or corrupted file icons on several photos. i have 9GB internal memory free. Any ideas?

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ TX, USA
I also have this problem. I think it means RAM and Swap when it says not enough memory. I have the same problem with a 2.5 MB image. It's not critical, but kind of sad.

it's an issue with free RAM, and it's quite possible to construct images that compress to low kBs and yet are huge in pixel count when decoded (and thus requires Xpx*Ypx*colorBits of memory [for 1600px*1200px24bit it's ~43MB]).

Also if the image is corrupted in a funny way there's no telling what bugs in the decoder library it triggers (this has succesfully been used to inject malware in the past)