Notices

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ France
There is a way to get bluemaemo work over wifi ?
.. maybe another program can do that ?

.. because i would use it on a computer without bluetooth
(not want a dongle too)

Kytrix.

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Kytrix View Post
There is a way to get bluemaemo work over wifi ?

Kytrix.
No, to do that, all the communications process must be rewrite, and also you will need a app in your computer to receive and process the events (a different app for each OS).

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
thats, imo, a strength of bluetooth over wifi or wusb. it defines specific protocols/profiles for different things.

with wifi or (w)usb, there is just the "cable", the rest one need to come up with each time more or less.

still, i think intel was working on turning wifi into some kind of bluetooth using multiple ad-hoc connections. im not sure if they plan to include profiles tho...

Sure would be suh-weet if it worked with Mac

Anybody know of anyway to make it reconnect? I know that reconnect will be added to the program, but I figure there has to be some BT managing software for Vista that makes it automatically reconnect. Love this app, but it isn't really useful or practical without being able to reconnect.

Last edited by HeadbangerX; 2008-11-20 at 16:38.

Posts: 367 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Brooklyn, NY
Can I use this as a tv remote? If so, what kinda of TV does it support? Thanks

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by FRZ View Post
Can I use this as a tv remote? If so, what kinda of TV does it support? Thanks
You can use if the Tv supports the Bluetooth HID profile, I don't know any Tv that support that profile.

Feature Request: Add Vertical Scroll Bar to Keyboard Mode

It would be great if there was a scroll bar in the keyboard mode, just like the one that is in the mouse mode. This would be especially useful when doing internet browsing, because you often have to scroll down when viewing longer web pages. Since the keyboard mode already has a small "touchpad" area for mouse movement, you could really just use this one mode for lots of web browsing behaviors.

Added to Garage feature request list:
https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/ind...=765&atid=2867

Last edited by slip; 2008-11-21 at 22:35. Reason: Added link to Garage

Originally Posted by HeadbangerX View Post
Anybody know of anyway to make it reconnect? I know that reconnect will be added to the program, but I figure there has to be some BT managing software for Vista that makes it automatically reconnect. Love this app, but it isn't really useful or practical without being able to reconnect.
I agree wonderful app but without auto connection not yet practical on our htpc. Anybody got this working somehow. BlueMaemo works wonderful on my htpc except for the connect issue. If I could solve that it would sure become my default controller.

thanks,

peter

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
You can use if the Tv supports the Bluetooth HID profile, I don't know any Tv that support that profile.
In theory one could use a STB + (flat) screen + DVB to get this working, but the software (e.g. MythTV) has to support this as well.

Just wondering though. Is anyone using this together with thier phone?

Tags
bluemaemo, bluetooth, hid