Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
Microsoft buying Nokia?
The vision is realized.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI_xu...r_embedded#t=1
That's sadly appropriate.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
I understand and empathize with you. I did the same thing about a year ago but, truthfully, I would be okay with it if there was an option for refunding me back the cost of the bundled software that I will never use and never wanted with the hardware I did want. I'd be okay with that, at least.
There used to be a way to get discount when buying a laptop with pre-installed Windows.
You could return the installation disks to manufacturer (or was it directly to MS?) and wipe the OS out from the HDD and they'd mail you a check for the price of the OS.
I wonder at what point (and how, by what right?) they made that impossible since I have not heard of anything like that in the last 10 years or so...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
It might have something to do with the fact that you no longer get the installation disc. Instead, everything is now on an OEM partition, recovery partition or whatever your dealer calls it. Quite a PITA if you ask me, 12GB wasted in my case.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
There used to be a way to get discount when buying a laptop with pre-installed Windows.
You could return the installation disks to manufacturer (or was it directly to MS?) and wipe the OS out from the HDD and they'd mail you a check for the price of the OS.
I wonder at what point (and how, by what right?) they made that impossible since I have not heard of anything like that in the last 10 years or so...
This should be lobbied in EU and in US to be possible again. That is how it should be as it is technically easily possible. Especially nowadays when Microsoft also requires to register your product on-line.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zimon For This Useful Post:
I think you used to be able to reject the terms of the EULA and request a refund for the license fee based on that but the manufacturers (possibly under pressure from Microsoft) then started insisting you had to send the whole kit and caboodle back so it was all or nothing.

The Following User Says Thank You to switch-hitter For This Useful Post:
Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
The smoking gun.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/terokuit...-compensation/

I knew it.

Elop was brought on board to destroy Nokia handsets and sell it to Microhard. It's right there in the contract, a bonus if this happens.
So they (the Board) gave up on handsets that long ago and intended to shed that part of their business.
When they were called on it by the media they tried to play it off as a professional mistake. They looked away for 3 years while he destroyed every part of Nokia handset and carrier relations!

Slashdot rewrote Elop's burning platform Memo in light of this. It's kind of funny.
http://slashdot.org/topic/cloud/a-ti...platform-memo/

Full market and management analysis of how Elop destroyed Nokia handset.
http://communities-dominate.blogs.co...able-to-s.html

Elop belongs in jail and so does any board members that did not object to his decisions. These 1%ers need reality to hit them in the face so they don't play with other people lives like that, like it is a surreal game, like there are no real consequences.
There is a clear conflict of interest here and all agreements with M$ need to be cancelled and if it is going to be sold it should be open to all bidders not a secret closed deal at a low price.

Last edited by aironeous; 2013-11-03 at 15:57. Reason: add opinion that Elop and BM's belong in jail

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to aironeous For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
The smoking gun.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/terokuit...-compensation/

I knew it.

Elop was brought on board to destroy Nokia handsets and sell it to Microhard. It's right there in the contract, a bonus if this happens.
So they (the Board) gave up on handsets that long ago and intended to shed that part of their business.

Slashdot rewrote Elop's burning platform Memo in light of this. It's klind of funny.
http://slashdot.org/topic/cloud/a-ti...platform-memo/

LOL. And you just realized now? Tells you how little confidence Finns had in people that went to Jolla.

Posts: 359 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Budapest
Ray of hope?

(I know this mentioned before, but not this article)

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
I don't think it'll get wings, they left it waaaay too late, investors just aren't listening any more.
They're only hearing sweet whisperings in their ears from the primary bidding camp nowadays.
I wish them luck but it looks quite amateurish, & mostly "big talk" that they can't deliver on...
I hope I'm wrong though, I really do....

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Just got an SMS invitation to the shareholders meeting on 19th this month.
It'll be intresting...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:

Tags
espionage, trojan man