Active Topics

Hello,

I've been lurking on the forums and doing as much reading as I can, since I ordered my N810 about a week ago-- it just arrived today, so I'd like to join the community

Out of the box, everything seems okay; Wifi connected; Web+Flash works; However, there seems to be a problem with the default media player. When I attempt to play the preinstalled AVI file, it just sits there in the "Now Playing" window, with --:-- listed as the time. The play icon has changed into the stop icon, so it must be attempting to be playing the file...

I'm waiting for the battery to charge fully, so I can update the firmware, and see if that's fixed the problem.

Anyone else heard of this before?

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Santiago, Chile
ditch that and use mplayer. its far more stable and plays DIVX w/problem. if the file is too big it may get a bit of video lag though. Audio sounds perfect.
EDIT: BTW, welcome! ^^ name's Elia, I can help with the basic stuff (not an advanced user)
but be sure I'll try.

After updating to the latest firmware, Mplayer seems to be working okay-- the video file disappeared so I havent tried that yet, but the sample audio file seems to be playing.

Copying over a USB connection to the internal or external memory seems extremely slow. It took about 3-4 minutes to copy a 100mb file over. I did a search, but didn't see anyone complaining about it?

The insertion of a mini SD seems to be very difficult to pop in and out. I need to use a stylus to push it in all the way, and tweezers to pull it out.

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Vancouver, BC
Originally Posted by yukky View Post
The insertion of a mini SD seems to be very difficult to pop in and out. I need to use a stylus to push it in all the way, and tweezers to pull it out.
I'm sure you know that, but just in case you haven't dealt with the SD cards before at all -- when you're trying to remove the card from the device you need to push it forward a little so it pops out and is easier to remove.

I agree, the N810's MiniSD card is near impossible to deal with. It's worth knowing that you can access that removable media by plugging the N810 in via its USB cable. Slower, but personally I think it's worthwhile. Poking around in the card slot with a pointy object never struck me as entirely safe.